A messenger which shows personnel message & offline Messages

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aceradam28, Jan 7, 2009.

1. aceradam28

aceradam28

Im trying to look for a messenger which shows personnel messages of friends, lets you send messages to people offline, and let you recieve messages when offline. I have tried a few alternatives but have not found one which meets my tastes, emesene makes my freinds list dissappear. amsn is better because it lets me recieve messages while offline but it looks really ugly and I still cant see personnel messages. Anyone know of a good messenger which they like to use?

P.S. The original messenger which comes with the acer doesnt show my personnel message to friends for some reason

aceradam28, Jan 7, 2009
  2. aceradam28

nonogm

greetings and thank you for this forum

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried to install emesene on his Acer Aspire One (150 with limpus) successfully?

personally I have installed emesene but I do encounter exactly the same problem as you do...
    however if emesene seems to launch properly, on the other hand I have absolutely none of my contacts appearing on the "contact list, be them online or offline. Have tried every option, no way. Doesn't work. Nada.

Very annoying, since I can run it without problem on my other pc (Ubuntu and Kubuntu)...

grrrr

nonogm, Jan 18, 2009
Ask a Question