a little prob!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by AnmolDubey, May 16, 2009.

1. AnmolDubey

AnmolDubey

Hi,

Currently I'm using Windows 7 & I want to install Windows XP, but I don't have a CD\DVD Drive nor a PEN Drive.
    So, the question is that can I install Windows XP from Hard Disk because I have a copy of the installer of Windows XP in the Hard Disk.

Cheers,
    Anmol Dubey
    MCP

AnmolDubey, May 16, 2009
  2. AnmolDubey

goofball

how do you intend to boot so that you have access to the other HDD to install windows from without some form of bootable media? :?: are you thinking of booting to 7,then running setup from there?

goofball, May 16, 2009
  3. AnmolDubey

mark rossignol

cannot sign in to myspace

mark rossignol, May 16, 2009
  4. AnmolDubey

garrettp

I made a copy of a Windows XP install (before reboot) and I use it on occasion to install XP with out the CD. However, With W7/Vista on one of the partitions it will be a harder thing to do. In fact, I have no idea how you would go about doing it lol. If you had a clean HD it would be easy to do or if you had a CD-rom you could and then change the boot loader for W7. Why don't you just get the cool little USB-IDE adapter and run a CD-rom from a desktop PC :) There is one on newegg.com for $9.99 and it even has SATA with SATA power too :D
    [​IMG]

garrettp, May 16, 2009
  5. AnmolDubey

AnmolDubey

Yes.

AnmolDubey, May 17, 2009
  6. AnmolDubey

garrettp

iirc you cannot run an XP install from Vista. I am sure that W7 is the same. You would have to run XP install from boot. Once you do that you then have to fix the W7 boot-loader.

garrettp, May 17, 2009
Ask a Question