A little help needed

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by eladekralc, Aug 7, 2008.

1. eladekralc

eladekralc

I have followed several great hacks on here and now have a more user friendly Aspire. But I still have some issues I could with some help on?

1. How do I get rid of the Search box from the desktop, I now do not have the Acer desktop.

2. I can right-click the desktop, but I can not enter desktop settings etc, though I can still access web browser etc.
    Alas this has got worse thunar or nautilas will not open
    Also I did try the panel change and tried to add the main application menu button but it just locked the 'one'.

Is there anyway of adding shortcuts to desktop as I use google gears and docs it was meant to add a shortcut to desktop alas I can not find it anywhere.

Any help would be great as this has become a great tool, can not wait for 3G and the rumours that Acer are talking to UK mobile companies, I bet they do not allow phone calls as well as text and broadband. Checked Carphone Warehouse showroom and Orange had a deal for some small netbook but you could not make calls from it, just text and broadband.

Thanks in advance
    Dale Clarke

eladekralc, Aug 7, 2008
  2. eladekralc

hmraao

See A basic desktop, the simple way

If hints and tips are causing you problems, try posting to the thread where you read them.

[Redrum, Redrum, Redrum!]

hmraao, Aug 28, 2008
  3. eladekralc

IMSancho

Change the client3_command line (line 52) of your /etc/xdg/xfce4-session/xfce4-session.rc to the following should solve both your issues

Code:
    Client3_Command=xfce-mcs-manager.new

IMSancho, Aug 28, 2008
Ask a Question