A Few Issues With the A0A 150.

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by lavrishevo, Nov 3, 2009.

1. lavrishevo

lavrishevo

This is the 1.6 Atom
    1,5 GB ram
    120 GB HD

So thanks in advance for all the great information. It took a few different guides but I was able to create a bootable hard drive and install Snow Leopard. My questions are as follows.

I am unable to get the 10.6.1 to take voodooHDA.kext, for audio to work, in my system\library\extensions folder. Do I need to repair the permissions for this kext or am I putting it in the wrong place? I have tried a few different versions of the file but maybe it is me.

And any help and how to get the ethernet card working would be fantastic.

lavrishevo, Nov 3, 2009
  2. lavrishevo

my2cents

Re: A Few Issues With the A0A 150. Can you help?

Try reading thru my thread. It might help you out. As for sound, I found it will work for me, but I have to reset the volume levels every time I reboot :( Also, you must remove / delete the AppleHDA.kext.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18051

my2cents, Nov 4, 2009
  3. lavrishevo

tarod Guest

regarding audio:
    I found a voodooHDA.kext vers.0.2.35 today, it works perfekt !
    I installed it with the "kext utility" programm,
    and there is no need to change anything in the extension folder,
    the "kext utility" does everything , incl repair of permission rights !

good luck

tarod, Nov 4, 2009
  4. lavrishevo

lavrishevo

Thanks guys. I used your aforementioned method and have the ethernet card up and it took a little bit but I joined insanelymac forum where some expert has been compiling audio kext for snow leoprard. I used his latest one and a program called kext helper to install the kext and whaalaa. I now have audio and it is keeping the level after reboots. Just waiting on my new wireless card to come in. Stuck tethering the iPhone till then. This really is awesome to have SnowLeopard running on this little Acer, and running like a charm.

Can't remember the version number but the audio kext was 524 K for Snow Leopard.

lavrishevo, Nov 4, 2009
  5. lavrishevo

bobbyr

Where did you get version 0.2.35? I'd like to try it. Google's not helping me and its not on the Voodoo site.

Thanks.

bobbyr, Nov 4, 2009
  6. lavrishevo

lavrishevo

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 75372.html

I used the last one on the list dated 8/24/2009 but I had use kext helper to install and it is working great now.

If for some reason you can't download it send your e-mail and I will send it to you.

lavrishevo, Nov 4, 2009
  7. lavrishevo

lavrishevo

By the way, I upgraded the ram on the A0A 150 to 1,5 GB today what an ordeal. I thought replacing the fans on my Macbook Pro was bad... lol the placement of the memory on this model means your have to take everything off except the screen.... :lol:

lavrishevo, Nov 4, 2009
  8. lavrishevo

my2cents

I'm trying to use this "new" kext mentioned by lavrishevo, in the posted link above. I have used kexthelper to install the Voodoohda.kext ( 524 k ), and dragged and dropped voodoohdahelper to startup items ( S/L/StartupItems ).

I keep getting an "error - can't map memory". Any ideas what I did wrong?

my2cents, Nov 5, 2009
  9. lavrishevo

lavrishevo

Not exactly sure. As I am no expert but I did not do the helper or prefpane. All I did was use kext for the voodooHDA using KextHelper and it seems to be happy now. Try deleting the pref. and the helper script and just go with the kext.

lavrishevo, Nov 5, 2009
  10. lavrishevo

my2cents

I tried removing the suggested files, even ran kext utility. but to no avail. So, I took the long road, and did a fresh install :|

Then, I did as suggested, only installing the voodoohda.kext - I even forgot to delete the AppleHDA.kext. And now, it seems to be fine. My sound settings are being remembered :D And, instead of having a half dozen "Output" devices to fuss with, there is just one - "Speakers". It even works with the Fn keys now! Also, it automatically switches between internal and external speakers :D :D

Thanks for the tips all! ;)

my2cents, Nov 6, 2009
  11. lavrishevo

lavrishevo

My Dell 1590 Wireless card arrived today, brand new off e-bay for $12.95

Installed in about 10 min and wireless is up and working like a charm. Man is this awesome to have Snow Leopard installed on this Acer A0A 150! :D

lavrishevo, Nov 7, 2009
Ask a Question