9-cell 7800mAh avg. battery life of batts bought off ebay?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by aspiring_one, Feb 11, 2009.

1. aspiring_one

aspiring_one

Hi, I'm new to the forums!

Just wanted to know what ppls experiences have been in the usage of these batteries that were bought off ebay sellers such as '100digi', 'haobattery' etc?

They sell them at around $90-140AUD. I want to buy one, but holding off until I research more info in these forums.

So hows' the build quality of the batt packs?

Battery life under both xp & vista?
    - Under minimum power settings (backlight lowest, ethernet off, wifi on, light surfing/msn/mp3s etc)?
    - Under heavy load (single or simultaneous vid editing, playback hd vids, 3d games etc.)?

Results from both 7200mAh & 7800mAh ver. would be great if possible for comparison.

Do these rarely get upto 9hrs each charge (after new batt cycling)?

Any help is much appreciated!

aspiring_one, Feb 11, 2009
  2. aspiring_one

MParker

I have a 7200mAh that I got for well less then $90 ... more like $70 or $75 from a US distributor. Check out eBay store NOVAPCS.

Fully conditioned (per instructions) I get 9 hrs according to the battery utility but have not run it all the way down yet. I suspect I'll get a full 9 or very close. I'm satisfied. Can't imagine the 7800mAh version would be all that different.

MParker, Feb 11, 2009
  3. aspiring_one

ronime

I have just bought a 5200mAH 6-cell of ebay from "happy power" in Hong Kong.

The ebay listing and the label on the battery claim that this is a 5200mAH battery but Notebook Battery Info and PC Wizard 2008 show that it is in fact rated at less than 48,000mWH. Given the nominal voltage of 10.8V this is actually a 4400mAH battery.

I'm not happy that I have not been supplied with the same specification as advertised, even more so considering that I had to wait over 14 days for this and I could have got a 4400mAH battery next day in the UK for the same price or less.

Misleading specifications aside, for a 4400mAH battery the build quality and runtime (4.5 - 5.0 hours) are pretty much what you would expect.

ronime, Feb 11, 2009
  4. aspiring_one

yesbar

yesbar, Feb 11, 2009
Ask a Question