751h wireless enabled but no network found

Discussion in 'Networking' started by preisen, Jul 13, 2011.

1. preisen

preisen

Hi all,

I spent a good deal of time searching these forums and the rest of the web, and now need to ask for some help. I have an AO751h running WinXP home edition with Atheros AE2007EG wireless network adapter. I've updated the drivers from Acer support site. The issue is that there are never any wireless networks available, or found by the netbook. I can pull out my iPhone and see 3 different ones here at work. So there are some other details that make this frustrating from a troubleshooting perspective:

- there doesn't seem to be a wireless switch on the laptop, with no mention of one in the documentation.
    - there is no wireless hotkey using Alt or F
    - the wireless indicator on bottom left of keyboard is never lit
    - device manager says device enabled and working
    - icon appears and is enabled in network connections. icon appears in system tray. yet clicking "view available wireless networks" brings up empty form with "no wireless networks were found in range".

Is this simply an issue with the antenna? Is there a way to check that? The missing wireless indicator makes me think there is something else wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Paul

preisen, Jul 13, 2011
Ask a Question