6-cell battery life?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ninjakamster, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ninjakamster

ninjakamster

I think the 6-cell battery is available in some areas of the world, don't think its available in the U.S so far.

If anyone has it here, what is the battery life you are getting with it? I know manufacturer's times are usually best case scenarios, like 6 hours if you leave the laptop completely idle.

I was wondering what would be the real world usage of it. I hear the 3 cell can go to 2.5 hours max so the 6 cell should get 5 hours sitting idle?

Its too bad it retails for $120, seems excessive to me. The battery life on it better be good then!

ninjakamster, Aug 12, 2008
  2. ninjakamster

ninjakamster

BUMP.

Does anyone know the real world time of the 6 cell battery? :)

ninjakamster, Aug 12, 2008
  3. ninjakamster

esaym

7 hours is mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=561

although I have trouble believing that. Man that thing is so dang ugly too, I hope they or a 3rd party makes a more sleek version. I am not even sure if having it stick out like that is safe? Seems like it could get knocked off and broken or something.

esaym, Aug 12, 2008
  4. ninjakamster

squareflips

I never drained my 6 cell battery to critical level, but I did use it a few times for 4 hours straight and it still showed me that I got a little over an hour left. I use Dreamweaver (mulitple pages), Microsoft Word 2007, IE7 (multiple tabs and windows) to get mail, download/upload files and test sites using Wifi or Bluetooth which is on the whole time. Comodo firewall and AVG is running at the background.

squareflips, Aug 18, 2008
  5. ninjakamster

glitcher

I Also didn't drained all the battery... but When I was at 25%, I plugged it, and I already had about 5 hours of work... Internet browsing, e-mail, Office, And a bit of gaming! notice That I reduce a bit the brightness of the screen on night... this increase the battery life.

Jonathan.

glitcher, Aug 19, 2008
  6. ninjakamster

jackluo923

The battery drains completely in about 7-8 hours when idle.

jackluo923, Aug 27, 2008
Ask a Question