6-Cell Battery for the AAO 751h

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Ryuuie, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Ryuuie

Guest Guest

You could try BatteryCare, and we could compare with my original 4400mAh and yours 5200mAh from ebay. Personally I turn down the brightness to 10%, and bluetooth it off always when nut used, plus running windows 7 ultimate, 1g ram, and firefox with ABP and NoScript, now at 100% battery Windows 7 says 6 hours and 42 min, and BatteryBar says 5 hours 14 minutes.

Guest, Oct 9, 2009
  2. Ryuuie

fauxpas

The eBay battery with BT & WiFi on quoted 5:44 - 6:30 [Varied a bit]

With BT & WiFi off it quoted 6:49 [Constant]

fauxpas, Oct 9, 2009
  3. Ryuuie

Dave

fauxpas, would you mind posting a picture showing the battery attached to your 751, just want to see how far it protrudes.

Dave, Oct 12, 2009
  4. Ryuuie

TrackSmart

His photos show that they are virtually the same size (even if slightly different). Look for those photos previously in this thread.

TrackSmart, Oct 12, 2009
  5. Ryuuie

Dave

I have seen the phots previously in this thread, but unless I'm mistaken, there is not one of the sort I have asked fauxpas to post.

I DON'T have a 6 cell battery, I would like to see how far the 6 cell protrudes from the back of the 751, and as it is the HK version I am considering I would like to see exactly what it looks like.

I'm sure if fauxpas has a problem with posting such a picture he will say so..................

Dave, Oct 12, 2009
  6. Ryuuie

cmeide

I cant help you with the pic but I can say that the protruding 6-cell gives a really nice grip for holding the netbook. I often use it on the run this way as its not tiresome to hold and I always have one hand free. I am not afraid to hold it in the battery as there is a lock and the weight of the battery is a significant part of the weight of the netbook. I think I would really miss it if I would put in a 3-cell.

cmeide, Oct 12, 2009
  7. Ryuuie

Dave

thanks for the info, my problem is that I carry mine in a small camera bag, along with a camera and I'm not sure how well it would fit if there is too much of a protrusion.

How many cm would you say the battery stuck out?

Dave, Oct 12, 2009
  8. Ryuuie

TrackSmart

Just trying to be helpful. I thought you had missed those photos.

Check-out the underside and topside photos from this review. That should give you a better idea of the battery protrusion. Photos can be clicked for larger versions...

http://netbooked.net/netbook-reviews/review/acer-aspire-one-751-review/

TrackSmart, Oct 12, 2009
  9. Ryuuie

cmeide

It adds excactly 20 mm to the lenght and 4 mm to the height in the rear of the netbook as the battery is slightly angled downwards.

cmeide, Oct 12, 2009
  10. Ryuuie

C4SysGreyBeard

Last year, I found a great deal on ebay; a 9-cell for $42US, plus $7 for shipping. It took about 10 days to get to me; but I had expected it to take longer than that.

I plugged it in over-night, and after slightly more than a year of daily usage, I still get about 10-11 hours of use out of it; dowm from not-quite 12 hours at the beginning.

C4SysGreyBeard, Jun 10, 2013
Ask a Question