6-Cell Battery for the AAO 751h

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Ryuuie, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Ryuuie

Ryuuie

Thanks to the new update that Windows Update gave me, things on here are pretty much perfect...except for ONE thing.

When I bought this netbook, I got 2GB of RAM, 250GB HDD...and the 3-Cell battery. Yeah, that needs an upgrade. :| I'm running the RTM of Windows 7 Professional thanks to MSDNAA but I still need the 6-Cell to make things a lot better.

I've checked around online and it looks like you can buy the Acer 5200MAH LC.BTP00.059 for the AAO 751h, however Acer does not sell this on their website. Does anyone know if this battery will work or should I just call up Acer and ask for the upgrade battery (I KNOW they have them, I checked... they just don't seem to want to sell them).

Ryuuie, Sep 30, 2009
  2. Ryuuie

TrackSmart

I've been tempted by this battery seller. They have good reviews from Google Shopping and a good price ($60 SHIPPED!). And it seems to be sold as specific for our model (rather than falsely advertised as being for our model or the 10" model which have different interfaces).

http://www.batteryedge.com/ProductDetai ... SONE116BLK

[​IMG]

If you buy it, let me know how it goes! I'm still waiting to see if my repaired machine is going to stay that way (freezing issue) before I invest any money in a higher capacity battery. By the way, I have a similar model. It was from Walmart from before they were officially released to the market at other stores. It's a shame that the 6-cell will stick out the back. It's pretty lightweight and sleek right now. Too bad for the 3hr battery life.

TrackSmart, Sep 30, 2009
  3. Ryuuie

Ryuuie

You got 3? I envy you. I get 2 hours (2hr 30mins just about) at full bright, 3hr on lowest. Except I can't SEE on the lowest.. =/

I'll definitely consider your battery suggestion though! $60 is a NICE price. Thanks a lot for your input! :)

Ryuuie, Sep 30, 2009
  4. Ryuuie

mzmini

I bought this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-5.2Ah-batt ... 86006r5089

I am getting a good 8 hours on it and have had no problems at all with the battery. I have been using it now for a few months. It is 5200mAH which is what the original battery is. Just my 2 cents.

mzmini, Sep 30, 2009
  5. Ryuuie

TrackSmart

So the question is whether to spend $100 on a known quantity or risk $60 on an unknown quantity. I might not be willing to invest $100 into a machine that now sells for under $300. But $60, I might risk, given the positive feedback on Google Shopping... Of course, if the battery stinks, I'd regret it.

TrackSmart, Sep 30, 2009
  6. Ryuuie

mzmini

Oh I agree with you. If I could have saved $40 when I bought mine I would have. The site I bought mine from had good reviews also. I couldn't find any reviews on this forum where someone had ordered a 6 cell so I went with the one I bought. If anyone updates their battery to a 6 cell, please share your review.

mzmini, Oct 1, 2009
  7. Ryuuie

fauxpas

My 751 came with a 6 cell and I have an ebay cheapie coming in the mail... Linky

I get 6+ hours of heavy use... If the ebay job comes close I'll be impressed...

fauxpas, Oct 1, 2009
  8. Ryuuie

mzmini

Wow! Good find. Please send review when you receive it.

mzmini, Oct 1, 2009
  9. Ryuuie

TrackSmart

Agreed. Please update us when it gets to you. It might be a while, given that it's coming from Hong Kong.

TrackSmart, Oct 1, 2009
  10. Ryuuie

Ryuuie

Hmm... the Hong Kong battery makes me weary. I'll check back here for reports on it. In the meantime, I'll keep the one from Battery Edge in mind.

Ryuuie, Oct 1, 2009
  11. Ryuuie

fauxpas

I've always bought and operated on HK batteries for most my devices, opting to save the genuine one where possible, so I can sell the device at a later date with a good functioning genuine battery.

Interestingly though, when I unboxed the 751, I did notice how 'ungenuine' the battery looked. It looked like a cheapie anyway... I suppose all batteries are made in china anyhow...

The genuine 6 cell is a real snug fit and you can handle the machine from the battery side without fear of snapping the battery off or the machine dropping...

Will give the HK battery a test when it arrives and report back...

fauxpas, Oct 1, 2009
  12. Ryuuie

Stefx

Stefx, Oct 2, 2009
  13. Ryuuie

TrackSmart

Did you get your battery yet?

TrackSmart, Oct 7, 2009
  14. Ryuuie

fauxpas

Got it in the mail today... Looks near identical to genuine battery. The fit is even tighter than the genuine (I like a tight battery, no play or wobbling).

Installed and charged it up. Been running for over 2hrs now and is at 60%. I have WiFi and BT on, and I've been transferring and deleting files for all that time. Transferring heaps of music and vids onto the 320gig HDD and cleaning up my partitions. Heaps of restarts too testing a "Windows 7 install via USB" (which works great btw).

For those who don't know I run Windows 7 with no tweaks for battery life. All the eye candy including gadgets and slideshow desktop and screensaver...

I'm expecting 5+ hours with this heavy use. I'd be happy with that for $50 US. Will probably improve after a few cycles...

fauxpas, Oct 8, 2009
  15. Ryuuie

TrackSmart

That's great to hear. Thanks for the update! And $50 is very reasonable for a battery. It would be hard to do better than that.

TrackSmart, Oct 8, 2009
  16. Ryuuie

mzmini

Yes fauxpas good to read it is working great for you. You got yours a lot cheaper than I did, good for you. Thanks for the info.

mzmini, Oct 9, 2009
  17. Ryuuie

fauxpas

Here's another update. Ran it at work for 6 straight hours. Was at 15% after the 6 hours.

Again, with bluetooth and WiFi on and 7 in full glory. Burnt about a half dozen discs through a Samsung USB DVD burner.

Here's the linky to the ebay item. Here are a few comparison pics;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

fauxpas, Oct 9, 2009
  18. Ryuuie

AdamElphick

I'm glad it's good s that is the one I bought the other day! Can't wait for it to rrive now s my 3 cell is annoyig the hell out of me! 2.5 hours max!

AdamElphick, Oct 9, 2009
  19. Ryuuie

Guest Guest

Looks good, got a 9 cell on its way fom same seller, but am also thinking of getting the 5200mAh version, since mine only came with 4400mAh battery. It the real kapacity 5200 or? I can get about 6 hours from the 4400mAh, would be nice to get 8 hours with the bigger 6 cell battery.

Guest, Oct 9, 2009
  20. Ryuuie

fauxpas

No idea if the 5200mah is real or not, but 6 hours at full tilt tells me its pretty genuine.

If I was running XP, no bluetooth, no wifi, low screen brightness and only writing in word, it would do 7-8 hours with ease.

Just depends on your setup and preferences.

fauxpas, Oct 9, 2009
Ask a Question