6 cell 160GB weight

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by cb1100xx, Aug 25, 2008.

1. cb1100xx

cb1100xx

I haven't found any Internet postings of the new 160 GB six cell version so I was wondering if anyone knows how its weight compares to the three cell version. I'm pretty sure going to hold out for it but the weight is a huge factor for me

cb1100xx, Aug 25, 2008
  2. cb1100xx

blackjack

Re: 6 cell 160GB weight (1.26kg or 2.78 lbs)

Hey I did a search for "Acer Aspire One 6-cell battery weight".

One of the results was a European online store (maybe Denmark, Sweden or something? I'm not sure what country :? )

http://www.datakjeden.no/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:2037459

It lists a weight for a 6-cell model Aspire One towards the end of the page:
    If true, that doesn't sound too dramatic a weight increase (I thought it might be more like 4 lbs).

Honestly, once you hold the 3-cell battery in your hands (I bought the XP/120GB 3-cell over the weekend), you realize a 6-cell probably wouldn't weigh a whole lot more.

blackjack, Aug 26, 2008
  3. cb1100xx

cb1100xx

The three cell is perfect for me in weight but I'll probably need more than 2 1/2 hours battery life (with bad it's just about on edge and once the battery starts going I'd be screwed) long story short I can't lift more than a couple pounds easily which is why I'm looking at the one, I was concerned it was going to be more like that 4 pound estimate you had. But at 2.78 pounds should be fine, and worst case I'm sure someone would happily buy the six cell seeing the interest for it on the site.

cb1100xx, Aug 26, 2008
Ask a Question