521 Hard Disk Image

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kazmax, Nov 28, 2010.

1. kazmax

kazmax

Anyone know where I can get a hard disk image for my new Aspire One 521? I bought this recently and it didn't come with a CD or anything, and I would like to do a factory reset.

I presume that I have to give Asus some wonga to ship me a CD.

A

kazmax, Nov 28, 2010
  2. kazmax

Fr3lncr

I think you are supposed to make your own backup CD's using the software on your netbook so no need to order anything. Also, all the drivers you need are on Acer's web site so the only thing you are technically missing is the OS and you may or may not need that if you have another copy floating around.

Fr3lncr, Nov 29, 2010
  3. kazmax

iamajai

Can you run the Acer eRecovery Management application? That will let you restore the computer to the as shipped factory configuration.

iamajai, Dec 8, 2010
  4. kazmax

bluevolume

Contact Acer through their website and tell them that you aren't able to burn the recovery DVDs. This is a common problem (happened to me with my 721), and they will ship the discs out to you for free.

bluevolume, Dec 8, 2010
  5. kazmax

kazmax

I did as you suggested, and received a response from Acer support today which included the following text:

"....purchase recovery cds from us which will cost you £50.00 because we do not provide recovery cds with the computer...."

A

kazmax, Dec 29, 2010
Ask a Question