5 things you should know about XIAOICE

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sefie, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Who here has heard about XIAOICE? I just hear about it yesterday and I thought it was an awesome thing! I hope they can come up with something like that for the western market! If you have no idea what XIAOICE is then you should check this interesting article:

For the full article, go here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...icrosofts-chinese-girlfriend-chatbot-xiaoice/

Sefie, Aug 29, 2015
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

Does XIAOICE uses English or Chinese language. It would not be something I use! I have Siri on my iPhone if I want to chat to some technology robot, LOL..

IcyBC, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

Nope, only Chinese... and unlike Siri this chatbox is capable to remember the personal detail you share with her and use them later. Example: You tell her you broke up, next days she might ask you how you are feeling about the break up and so on. It also makes jokes and you can pretty much have a normal conversation with her.

Sefie, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

Ok, now that is spooky if she talked about the break-up the next day, and I am not sure about it either :) I once have a fear that robot will eventually become human, you know the influences from the movies, and I still do have that fear!

IcyBC, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC i'd not worry about it, we have yet to create a software than can emulate human emotions :) But you know? This whole incident reminded me of the movie ''HER''. I recommend you that film, I think we will be seeing a lot of that in the future... a lot men in love with their OS. I think we will also see women getting involved with their OS too.

Sefie, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Sefie

nytegeek

XIAOICE is a Chinese language fork of Cortana. It developed in a slightly different direction but isn't really all that innovative.

nytegeek, Oct 4, 2015
  7. Sefie

hashxc

Enter Joaquin Phoenix.... But seriously, there is a need for that type of thing. People need compassion, even if it comes from an inanimate object. Look at all the "crazy cat ladies and dudes" There are definitely people in the states, especially, that should be seeking out someone or something to talk to, but aren't. We see it on the news daily when they do unspeakable things instead.

The needs to be a "voice of reason bot"

hashxc, Oct 4, 2015
Ask a Question