4310Z aspire laptop shows no sign , of switching on, even when it is in adapter

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Rajeev, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Rajeev

Rajeev

My acer aspire 4710 had some CCFL issues and i opened the display bezel and push tight the socket, it was working fine, then , again to make it tight, i pushed with screwdriver, but accidentally the screwdriver tip shorted the outer of the socket(metal), and one side of fuse, i saw an small flash, and then on the display is working, but No CCFL.

1) I checked the CCFL with other laptop inverter out, it was good,

2) i checked the continuity of display cable to inverter, it was good

3) so I felt there is one small SMD marked F1 near the dispay cable, which had opened, tested with multimeter, but i am not sure it is fuse, but since it is maked as F1 i assumed so, then i closed it using small copper hair.

After this i tried to check, but the laptop is dead, even if i insert the power jack, there is no sign of notification light of charging,

i checked the output of power adapter and its good, it gets into the board of 20v.

But I have heard , there is fuse neear the power socket, but i did not find any with named FUSE or F1 or so, but there is marked D28 in board and the component is marked as CH7e A14-A, what is this component, please help me solve this problem.

20140213_173905.jpg 20140213_173905.jpg 20140213_173948.jpg

Rajeev, Feb 13, 2014
  2. Rajeev

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

D28 will be a diode which ties in with the line drawn across it.
    As for a fuse around the power connector I would focus on the items surrounded by a box with A in the middle (top left of the picture with the power connector) as none of them appear to have any labelling. That is if there is infact one there.

Paul

elPaulio, Feb 13, 2014
  3. Rajeev

Adamo

You have two fuses on the board F1 and F2. You have to check the voltage at the pins 5,6,7,8, of the U4 chip, they are all connected together. You should have around 20V there.

Adamo, Feb 14, 2014
Ask a Question