3 laptops and 1 desktop later

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Rezonate, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Rezonate

Rezonate

I seem to have a problem with owning computers they eventually freeze up and become over crowded with malware and pop ups and become so slow that I eventually get rid of them and get a new one. Does anybody know how to get rid of These malware ? And prevent them from infection another computer ?

Rezonate, Jan 4, 2016
  2. Rezonate

something back

something back, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Rezonate

IcyBC

If you are using Window, you have to do maintenance weekly such as cleaning out your system, clear history and cache, run your antivirus software, and such. Downloading from the internet or burning DVD movies/music did a number on your machine and often include viruses. My children did this to me, and we have had two desktops and I am on the third laptop over the years. I am now on MacBook and so far so good.

IcyBC, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Rezonate

Sefie

I think you need a really good antivirus, I personally love NOD32 so far it has been the best antivirus. Investing on the paid version of Antimalware bytes is also a good idea, in my opinion doing that is way more cheaper than buying a new laptop ;) By the way, people with free antivirus lie to think their free antivirus are the best, but in reality nothing beats a paid antivirus like NOD32. So... yes, in my opinion this is a wise investment

Sefie, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Rezonate

PingPongCall

Yeah, it sounds like you need a good anti virus and maybe, seriously consider each link before you click on it. I used to have the same problem when I was a kid and I can't tell you how many computers I burned out from doing dumb shit.

PingPongCall, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Rezonate

ts_guest

Don't throw out your computers! You need to run anti-malware applications/programs once a week. There are so many that are free and work amazingly well. Malwarebytes, Spybot, CrapCleaner, JunkwareRemovalTool (JRT). Do not run more than one at a time. Download and install them all, because one might find something the others didn't.

Every night before you close down your computer, clear your cache, history, etc. Install a good free anti-virus program -- I use Avast, but there are several good ones out there. Avast will alert you if you end up on a bad page. You only need to run a scan once and it will work in the background while your browse the internet. It's also free. A clean computer is a happy computer!

ts_guest, Jan 18, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  7. Rezonate

Krissttina Isobe

Definitely don't throw away your computers for all you need is Microsoft Security Essentials and it's totally free! I had a lot of problems with my pc too and Microsoft Security Essentials just speeds up the pc and no problems after I downloaded it. If you ever want to uninstall it's simple...just go to control click and click to uninstall programs and you can uninstall it quick too. Be sure to quick scan it and set your settings. You're computers are good for what I found out is that many sites have a virus attached to it as some of the security programs I tried said, that's how your computer gets infected.

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 18, 2016
  8. Rezonate

PingPongCall

I did not know about this security essentials thing. Thank you for this.

PingPongCall, Jan 18, 2016
  9. Rezonate

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:You're welcome!

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 18, 2016
  10. Rezonate

ts_guest

I beg to differ with you about Microsoft Security Essentials. PC Magazine did a test on Microsoft Security Essentials and the outcome was not positive:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403986,00.asp

Cons
    Unusually slow scan. Failed to run on one test system. Low detection rate in malware cleanup test. Failed to thoroughly clean up threats it did detect.

Bottom Line
    Microsoft Security Essentials 4.0 does a decent job protecting a clean PC, but in testing its cleanup of already-infested systems wasn't thorough. You can get better protection for the same price.

ts_guest, Jan 18, 2016
  11. Rezonate

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Do you know of any free downloads to protect and clean your computer?

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 19, 2016
  12. Rezonate

ts_guest

Yes, as I stated above this is what I've been doing for many years and I have a clean computer that works just fine. I'm online and browsing the internet for my work from home all day long! This is where I spend most of my time -- online. This is what I posted:
    Malwarebytes, Spybot, CrapCleaner, JunkwareRemovalTool (JRT). Do not run more than one at a time. Download and install them all, because one might find something the others didn't.

Every night before you close down your computer, clear your cache, history, etc. Install a good free anti-virus program -- I use Avast, but there are several good ones out there. Avast will alert you if you end up on a bad page. You only need to run a scan once and it will work in the background while your browse the internet.

ts_guest, Jan 19, 2016
  13. Rezonate

PingPongCall

How does this differ from the Windows Defender that comes with 10 and 8.1?

PingPongCall, Jan 19, 2016
  14. Rezonate

ts_guest

ts_guest, Jan 19, 2016
  15. Rezonate

ts_guest

A person also needs to keep their desktop computer clean on the inside. Open up the case and blow out all dust. Clean any exposed fan blades with a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Do not drop any liquid into the insides. If you keep the computer clean on the inside it will not run hot. I clean about three times a year. Some people like to use compressed air, but I never have because I don't think it works as well as using a small vacuum to blow out the dust. You could also use a blow drier set on the COLD setting. Do this outside if you can, so the dust doesn't have a chance to settle back inside the computer.

ts_guest, Jan 19, 2016
Ask a Question