2gb of ram help with video card?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ericem, Sep 12, 2009.

1. ericem

ericem

Hey guys just bought a acer aspire one aod150. Awesome computer except for the fact that games are a bit laggy. I tried GMA booster, delected anti virus all sorts of apps its very clean now just wish I could play GTA:SA MTA without so much lag even with settings turned down. Now the video card shares the ram for memory. So I went to DXDIAG and it says like 244mb max. If I upgrade to 2gb of ram will it automatically go up or can I change this myself? I am also thinking using the 244mb its taking away computer ram so a 2gb card should be a good upgrade right? Any other suggestions. Everything is up to date including video drivers and BIOS. Thanks guys!

ericem, Sep 12, 2009
  2. ericem

ericem

that stupid gmaboost was making the graphics worse. Put it back to normal and uninstalled it graphics are alot better. Weird.... Anyway so ugprading ram good idea and probably help with the tiny bit of lag at times?

ericem, Sep 12, 2009
  3. ericem

AOD150BLACK

More ram can only help!

AOD150BLACK, Sep 13, 2009
  4. ericem

Mopeto

You think the MB on the video card means something?
    No, its mostly the chipset, in this case the 945 Intel chipset. For optimal results, do as follows:

Win XP. SP3. No antivirus, use your common sense opening shit and usb sticks.

Also, what are you trying to open? You mostly can open 2005 games and olders.......

Mopeto, Sep 22, 2009
  5. ericem

radioman193

MORE ram is BETTER for your video.
    the acer uses Dynamic Video ram
    The more it needs the more it will take from your "Main" system ram.
    Thats why you want 2gig and fast ram.
    :cool:

radioman193, Sep 23, 2009
  6. ericem

ericem

exactly how i am running. Games kind of suck with the small screen. When i feel like it i will get the 2gb of ram though thats for sure :D

ericem, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question