20-25% DPCs CPU usage.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by zanxion, Jan 10, 2011.

1. zanxion

zanxion

Hi,
    I have bought an AAO751h. A real bargain for 260 euros. It looks great, works great, but there is something that troubles me. When I launch foobar2000 or media player to listen to an mp3 I get the DPCs using up to 25% of the CPU. Is that normal. Has something gone wrong with the installation of certain codecs (I have installed the latest k-lite codec pack).
    My OS is XP home.

zanxion, Jan 10, 2011
  2. zanxion

zanxion

O.k. Here it goes. After rounds of running around DPCs and high CPU usage, and after re-installing almost any driver on my AAO751h, I have discovered that the damn avast free, with its auto updates was killing my entire sessions when booting with the wireless on.
    I have disabled the auto-updates and now the DPCs never get past 5%.
    Any ideas with what to replace avast?

zanxion, Jan 10, 2011
  3. zanxion

Indie

Try using Norton, it never causes me DPC's, or any other problems as a mater of fact.

Indie, Jan 23, 2011
  4. zanxion

zanxion

I have installed Win 7 Ultimate and now I have better perfomance and rarely any DPCs spikes. :)
    Unfortunately avast! is a good free solution. Works better in Win 7 than in XP.

zanxion, Jan 24, 2011
Ask a Question