2 new Aspire D250 failing to charge battery

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by redpizza, Nov 11, 2009.

1. redpizza

redpizza

Well, I thought I was going to join the ranks of the D250 owners but my shiney new netbook failed to charge the battery (7hour job). I took it back and got another and the same - no charging of the battery. I tried all the tricks suggested such as upgrading BIOS, holding down power button, unplugging/replugging power, etc but no joy. I asked for my money back, and will try again with another shop maybe in a couple of weeks...

I suppose I owned one (well 2 different ones) for almost 24 hours!

redpizza, Nov 11, 2009
  2. redpizza

redpizza

I was passing through Bristol yesterday and spotted a Comet store. They had a D250 in stock so I took the plunge again and purchased one. Hey, guess what? This one actually charges! Got the battery upto 100% and have now installed Win7 on it. Pretty slick. :D

redpizza, Nov 13, 2009
  3. redpizza

TantalusFld

Redpizza,

Be sure to check your D250 for battery drain down. Charge to 100% then shut down and let it sit for a day or two. Should only loose 1 or 2% per day. Bad Acer D250 losing 15-45% per day. Mine is doing this and I've been thru all that "re-calibrating " stuff cust. support has you do. Anyone solve this yet?

Jim

TantalusFld, Nov 13, 2009
Ask a Question