1830T + core i7 = AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Acer' started by SoundFX, Nov 23, 2010.

1. SoundFX

SoundFX

So why no love for non Aspire One units? Seems kind of harsh, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels he has outgrown the average netbook...thanks at least for adding this subforum.

I have recently upgraded to a TimelineX, the AS1830T-68u118. What an excellent piece of hardware! For those of you not familiar, the 1830T is the body of a 11.6 netbook loaded with hardware you'd find in a full size notebook. Packing an i7 CPU, it is much MUCH faster than my D250 and runs just as cool if not cooler. It's not much bigger than my D250 either-very portable. Of course I've added a few tweaks-its now rocking 8GB of DDR3 and a 750GB 7200rpm HDD, and Intel6200 dual band WiFi. I travel a lot and am really enjoying the Media Center features, esp. being able to record HD off air via USB tuner while out at dinner-nothing beats your own DVR in a hotel room! For rooms that have a flatscreen TV the HDMI out works flawlessly. Battery life is very good. I have yet to get the full 8hr advertised, but regularly make it to 6hrs. I also like that the power supply plugs into the wall directly, not an inline brick.

My only gripe for this unit is the extreme amount of bloat pre-loaded, it was just ridiculous. And of course the eRecovery only burns a fully bloated restore image. Why can't we get an option of just Windows + drivers for recovery????? A quick reload from my own media fixed this issue, but I feel like Acer should take care of every unit for those not having access to generic media.

Anyhow, awesome unit-very happy!

SoundFX, Nov 23, 2010
Ask a Question