15" Laptop vs 17" Laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by RapidRuben, Feb 25, 2018.

1. RapidRuben

RapidRuben

I'm in a position where i have to buy a new laptop for college and in the recent future for work.
    I need a laptop for programming and adobe programs like photoshop, illustrator, premier etc...

I'm in between 2 laptops, MSI 17.3" GP72MVR 7RFX and the MSI 15.6" GP62M 7REX.
    I would like the 17-inch one for multitasking (to be able to have multiple windows on screen) but I don't know if it's gonna be a big difference in portability. The 15-inch is 383 x 260 x 22~29 mm and weighs 2.2 kg, the 17-inch is 419 x 287 x 29~32 mm and weighs 2.7kg.

Is that a big difference?
    Anyone got some suggestions or advise?

RapidRuben, Feb 25, 2018
  2. RapidRuben

OldPhil

I got a 15 inch about 6 years ago, it still to this day feels bulky when I have to take it places. I can't imagine having to to cart it from class to class, the bigger they are they are more like collapsible desk tops. Even with a 15 I would make sure to have a sturdy shoulder strap bag. Either way looks like you will have one heck of a performer!

Phil

OldPhil, Feb 28, 2018
  3. RapidRuben

Brian8gbSSDLinux

BATTERY LIFE suffers - Bigger screen shorter battery Life.

Would you actually be requiring Multiple Windows while in Class?
    If you only need them when working at home i would recommend you get the smaller, lighter Laptop and spend the saved cash on a Monitor which can be plugged into the Laptop for the secondary screens - when at Home.

Maybe even use an old Tablet as the second screen...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Mar 2, 2018
Ask a Question