120GB HDD password set by itself, unbootable now

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Q21, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Q21

Q21

Anyone heard of this? Just bought a AOA150 and since linpus was not up to the task decided to wipe the HD and install XP.
    After repartitioning and formatting the drive on FAT32, done without problems, at boot it asks for the HD security password, wich i never set.
    This makes impossible to access the drive, not even for reformat or partition, much less for installing anything :(
    The dealer from who i purchased it denies to perform any warranty service on it, they say it is not a failure, since it asks for a password it is something you must have done, but i really did not...
    So right now this ONE is as good as dead. I would really try to rescue the HD, wich i know works good, before have to go to the last resource of cracking it open and replace the drive. Nothing else have worked. (bios erase, flash, etc)
    If anyone knows something that might help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Q21, Sep 15, 2008
Ask a Question