You Can Now Play Over 1,000 Windows 3.1 Games in Your Browser

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

The Internet Archive has brought more than 1,500 applications from Windows 3.x to life, and the collection contains many great games that are bound to kick in the nostalgia for some.

Part of the non-profit's mission is to preserve access to digital technology that would otherwise get lost on its own. The website says "libraries exist to preserve society's cultural artefacts and to provide access to them". And the Internet Archive wants to be a Web-only version of the same.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/...-1000-windows-31-games-in-your-browser-801736

Sefie, Feb 14, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe and IBMPC8088 like this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

That is great and I wish I have more time in the day to play a game or two even though I am as old as the hill :) Some of these games are classic and should be preserved for sure!

IcyBC, Feb 16, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. Sefie

Sefie

My personal favorite is monopoly :) They have others though! I'm not old enough to have played those in the time they were just released, but I do have a thing for old games from the 90's ;)

Sefie, Feb 18, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. Sefie

IBMPC8088

This was a nice extension to the earlier MS-DOS archive of games online through the browser. Although most of these games work well and there are more functional ones present than the machines used for the DOS games, there are a couple of configurations that didn't work with my current browser. The rest of them worked fine though and were nice to play again without having to install them.

IBMPC8088, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Sefie

Ishmael

That's amazing. Some of these games I remember from my childhood.Thanks for sharing. :)

Ishmael, Feb 24, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  6. Sefie

Sefie

Oh so this is why I couldn't get a few of them to work! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Glad you guys liked the selection :) At first I didn't think it'd be so big, but it turned out better than I thought it would :)

Sefie, Feb 25, 2016
  7. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

That's great and thanks for the information! Love to play games especially if you get money or prizes.

Krissttina Isobe, Feb 26, 2016
Ask a Question