Wine bundler?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SLTE, Sep 13, 2015.

1. SLTE

SLTE

I've been using Wine as a means of running Windows applications on my Mac for a while, now, but I find that it can't handle about fifty percent of the programs I try to install, and for every program that works there's one that fritzes out. Does anybody know of more recent Wine bundlers that work well in this regard? The one that's typically recommended is CrossOver, but it costs money and I'm cheap.

Any other alternatives outside Wine are welcome as well.

SLTE, Sep 13, 2015
  2. SLTE

Sefie

Have you given wine bottler a try? That software was specifically created to run Windows software on Macs. Not sure you can find a really good bundler 100% free of charge though.

Sefie, Sep 15, 2015
  3. SLTE

nytegeek

You are going to find that Wine is the only real option other than using a VM. The wine project has done the vast majority of the work providing Windows API calls for Unix environments and anything you use will be based in party or in whole on their work. Fifty percent is actually a very good percentage all things considered. Crossover and Wine bottler are the best ones for OS X.

nytegeek, Sep 26, 2015
Ask a Question