Why is this forum so slow?

Discussion in 'Feedback / Suggestions' started by Sefie, May 17, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

I really like this forum, but every time I want to participate I hit a wall. For some reason this forum takes a bit too long for me to load, like for example: I click on a thread and takes so long to take me to said thread, sometimes it doesn't. It's even worse when I try to post a thread of my own... I have to keep pressing ''reload page'' and hope the page eventually loads.

Is it me or is it the forum? I'm surprised no one has said a word about it. So am I the only one having this problem???

Sefie, May 17, 2015
  2. Sefie

something back

It's working normally ON FIREFOX for me

something back, May 17, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

I use Firefox as well, today it seems to be working much better :) Maybe it's a coincidence, but today is taking less time to load, I only hope it continues this way!

Sefie, May 19, 2015
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

I am using my MacBook, which is Safari browser, and everything is just a blink of the eyes for me. My HP laptop is suffocating a slow dead right now, so I haven't touch it yet in weeks.

IcyBC, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

It's still slow for me, and my laptop is new :( I've so far tried with both Firefox and Chrome, but the result is the same :( No idea what is wrong, but it's better now than it was some weeks ago, not like other forums, but it seems to be a bit faster.

Sefie, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Sefie

Ian Administrator

I'm not sure why that could be Sefie, as I've checked Alertra and the site seems to be responding well from their test locations. The server is based in Washington DC, with the aim that it's as central as possible to those from North America and Europe. It could be the routing from your ISP to the server, but that's out of my control unfortunately :(.

Ian, Aug 12, 2015
  7. Sefie

RageGamingZone

Sefie, Ian might be on to something there and it could in fact be your network connection. Have you tested this on another network connection? Since you tested on 2 different browsers and getting the same issue, then it could be an internal network issue(your pc) or external network issue (cable, router, modem, ISP, the list is long). If you do test it out else where and getting the same issue than it is internal and could be DNS cache or something else that is internal to your computer.

RageGamingZone, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Sefie

Diane Lane

I sometimes have issues with pages or other forums loading, or trouble with access, but I've never experienced that with this forum. It's good that you've ruled out the browser, but when that happens to me, I try a different device, or even a different internet connection. It's not unusual for me to connect to a friend's wifi to see if the issue is resolved, and occasionally I'll even run over to their house and try from there.

Diane Lane, Aug 20, 2015
    something back likes this.
Ask a Question