What's your favourite texting app?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Ishmael, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael

There are so many apps for texting, but which one is your favourite, or which is the one you use the most?

I use Whatsapp. because a lot of my friends use that so I need do adapt. :D

Ishmael, Nov 3, 2015
  2. Ishmael

thess

My friend keeps trying to get me to use WhatsApp. I don't know why. I don't use any app, I just message through FB or use regular text.

thess, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Ishmael

Quinnibel

I'm also using WhatsApp for texting and call. But I'm also using Viber and the Facebook Messenger apps because majority of the people are always there. Though if I were to choose which one I prefer, I'd choose WhatsApp. It's way better and faster than Viber and Facebook Messenger.

Quinnibel, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Ishmael

IcyBC

My phone came with iMessage so I just use that! It seems to give all that I need and I am able to send text to anyone and everyone. I haven't found the need to download one more app to my phone just yet.

IcyBC, Nov 9, 2015
  5. Ishmael

Mandhlenkhosi

Either Whatsapp or the regular texting app. I like Whatsapp because of the group chat, mostly. When friends add people to the group who I've never met, it's a nice social experience :)

Mandhlenkhosi, Nov 9, 2015
  6. Ishmael

dungnvph03125

My phone came with iMessage so I just use that! It seems to give all that I need and I am able to send text to anyone and everyone.

dungnvph03125, Nov 16, 2015
  7. Ishmael

maur1c1ox

A bit late, but I recommend telegram if you have a slow phone. I know it's not the most popular choice but I used to have a Samsung Galaxy Pocket and whatsapp took between 5 to 10 seconds to open. I convinced my girlfriend and a few friends to use telegram and it worked wonders. It's like whatsapp, but what I really enjoyed about it it's that you don't need your phone to be connected to the internet to use telegram web. I've upgraded my phone and I still use the app.

maur1c1ox, Dec 7, 2015
  8. Ishmael

Sefie

WhatsApp. I like that one, well, kind of. I don't like the fact people can tell when you have read a message, if only they fixed then that app would be my favorite one.

Sefie, Dec 16, 2015
  9. Ishmael

maur1c1ox

You can change that option but you won't be able to see when someone else read your messages. It's on Settings > Account >Privacy. You need to change the "Last seen" options. If I recall correctly you can also change if you want to display your last time online.

maur1c1ox, Dec 17, 2015
  10. Ishmael

Sefie

Thanks, I had already tried this in the past, but I didn't like it. Because well, a lot people asked me why I did that, some people seemed to think I was hiding something, lol. So yeah, if only this annoying option was out... then this would definitely be my fav chat app.

Sefie, Dec 17, 2015
  11. Ishmael

vinaya

I use messenger because I am on facebook and this is where most of my friends are.

vinaya, Feb 1, 2016
  12. Ishmael

hafiz93

I use WhatsApp almost all of the time because most of my friends use it to chat or to convey any important information . Probably once or twice have I used Facebook Messenger, but most of the time it's WhatsApp.

hafiz93, Mar 11, 2016
  13. Ishmael

Personablue

I tried Hike, Whatsapp and Vipe. At the end of few months, I decided to use Whatsapp exclusively. I realized the other apps do not provide any other must have feature other than Whatsapp already provides. Mostly all my friends uses Whatsapp.
    Though it has few limitations like flie size limit, video, photo compressing system etc, but since from this year Whatsapp is completely free, so I will stick with Whatsapp in the near future.

Personablue, Mar 12, 2016
  14. Ishmael

vinaya

I don't text much but whenever I text I use viber and messenger. I have never used whatsapp

vinaya, Mar 12, 2016
  15. Ishmael

djtech

Whatsapp, FB messenger, bb messenger(because some of my friends can't use their personal phones at work), and snapchat (can it be called messaging app).

djtech, Mar 16, 2016
  16. Ishmael

Fermin420

I only use whatsapp and my default sms texting app. Since everybody is using whatsapp now I guess I'm just going with the flow, theres nothing I really appreciate about whatapp features, they are pretty normal for todays standars but the hype takes it to another level.

Fermin420, Mar 30, 2016
  17. Ishmael

tackykardia

I use Google Hangouts. It's just like text messaging to me and it comes already on Android phones. I like it because i didn't have to install anything else and that I can also use it when on the computer and in my Gmail. It also lets you video chat as well. They could do better with the emoticons though. I wish it had better ones.

tackykardia, Apr 10, 2016
  18. Ishmael

Dilof

I just use Facebook Messenger as it's got all of my social media and friend contacts readily on it, and has a pretty cool interface too. I'm pretty immature as I love the GIF and Emoji options and get overly excited above the colour of my chat. Gotta have that colour coordination with peoples attitudes and personality.

Dilof, Apr 10, 2016
  19. Ishmael

FenWoFon

I personally and definitely prefer Whatsapp, I consider itas the best texting application ever, I think that it is all about what you really use it for and what you want from it, however it is the best texting application for me, no doubts.

FenWoFon, Apr 16, 2016
  20. Ishmael

oraclemay

Most of my contacts are on Whatsapp, so that is what I use almost all the time. I must say that I find it to be really easy and friendly.

oraclemay, Apr 18, 2016
Ask a Question