What's that compartment for underneath my AOA150-1359?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by AspireAOA150, Feb 25, 2012.

1. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

I hope you're enjoying a pleasant day. Underneath my Acer Aspire One AOA150-1359... there's a removeable panel... under which is an empty compartment. What is it for?

Thanks,

John B.

AspireAOA150, Feb 25, 2012
  2. AspireAOA150

DutchDK

Its for the 3G Mini-pcie card, on those AOA150 models that was sold with it.
    For cost saving reasons the mini-pcie connector is not soldered on to the motherboard on those models that did not come with the 3G option. But since all the L150 and A150 models share the same chassis and motherboards, the slot is present on the models that didnt come with the 3G option.

DutchDK

DutchDK, Feb 28, 2012
  3. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

So what you're saying, if I understand correctly is, it's for a 3G HSDPA Upgrade... but first you have to add a Connector.

I discovered that you have to purchase a kit to add the appropriate connectors, and make some modifications which require precision soldering... and additional components that don't come with the kit.

Here's a link that shows How To do the Mod: http://tnkgrl.wordpress.com/2008/10/28/ ... one-hsdpa/

AspireAOA150, Feb 29, 2012
Ask a Question