What's a Linux feature you wish existed but doesn't?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ProNine, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ProNine

ProNine

Personally, there are some features that I believe are lacking in Linux. For example, gaming in ease is not really an option as many games are still left unsupported on the system and WINE simply does not cut it. Also, there is quite a lack of audio software on the system which is somewhat of a problem. What about you? What do you wish could also be added as features.

ProNine, Jul 4, 2016
  2. ProNine

IBMPC8088

I wish there was a macro for everyone who complained about linux to automatically take them to the Synaptic Package Manager, or launch startx and an avi with a 1 minute video to show them how to use apt-get and sudo to install the audio packages and anything else they needed.

IBMPC8088, Jul 4, 2016
  3. ProNine

SirJoe

Linux has come a long way and you can do basically anything with it that you can do with windows. There are some good games specifically designed for Linux.
    I do on the other hand wish that wine would be more stable in regards to Photoshop. If it wasn't because of this issue I would never use windows.

SirJoe, Jul 28, 2016
  4. ProNine

remnant

The features that seem to compromise the Linux experience are more on the technical side of things and can be surmounted with time. For instance Linux has many different versions for each edition which means there is no standard version unlike Windows which has several versions for each edition. Linux in general is a bit technical for new users to navigate through.

remnant, Sep 23, 2016
Ask a Question