What laptop should i get for playing garrys mod and other steam games?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by laptopdude56, Aug 7, 2014.

1. laptopdude56

laptopdude56

its between

Dell X1 Lattitude

Dell Inspiron 2650

Dell Inspiron 8600

IBM THINKPAD R51e

IBM Lenovo Thinkpad R50E

Dell Latitude D505

Which one would be best for playing games like garry's mod and other steam games???

laptopdude56, Aug 7, 2014
  2. laptopdude56

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Try a CONSOLE or a DESKTOP unit....

Laptop... built in battery, therefore PORTABLE, like - can use on Train on journeys... but battery life DEPENDS on how little power you are using... like running COD on a train journey... you MIGHT get 15 minutes... or it can be used during Power failure (Brown outs). Same limitations on Power...
    Also...
    LIMITED chance of Graphics upgrades... so - NOT REALLY suitable for gaming,despite Manufacturers advertisements...

IF YOU ARE REALLY IN TO GAMING... You NEED a DESKTOP Unit...
    Alternative Graphics cards just Click in, CPU can be Replaced with a more POWERFUL Chip... You could have a 54 inch 4k Monitor, not a fiddly 15 inch screen...
    OR
    A Console (like XBOX One, PS4)... linked to a 21 inch Plus Monitor...

Are you seeing a pattern here ?

A lifetime Laptop User... with TWO teenage Sons using DESKTOPS (they say there is better resolution with a PC than with their Console - which is now sitting gathering dust).

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Aug 7, 2014
  3. laptopdude56

laptopdude56

im really into playing garrys mod. i want to get a laptop but a desktop is probaly the way to go. but i have been looking into gaming laptops.hopefully i can find one thats cheap enough where i dont have to spend aton of money.

laptopdude56, Aug 13, 2014
  4. laptopdude56

Aliraza019

For a start... the Lenovo 8Gb is NOT a standalone Disk... it is part of the
    Hybrid 500GB 5400 RPM+8GB SSHD...
    It is a way of SPEEDING up that 500 Gb Hard drive - almost like having an 8Gb SUPERFAST chunk of RAM in which the programs are running...

Personally, given THAT choice in an Hard Drive - THAT is the one I WOULD GO FOR...

Aliraza019, Sep 11, 2014
Ask a Question