What is the Best Macbook for you ?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by jamesbonner, Jul 31, 2015.

1. jamesbonner

jamesbonner

So My laptop just Broke, and I think I'm going to get a new MacBook, I don't really know what should I get because I never had one before, but I think I'll buy Gold Macbook since a lot of people said it's really good Macbook.

what about you guys, what is the best Macbook for you ?

jamesbonner, Jul 31, 2015
  2. jamesbonner

Sefie

I'm not the Macbook type of person, I know a lot people who own a Macbook (most of them seem to have the whole apple collection actually - makes me wonder if they lace the air with something at the apple store, lol) there is one of those person who seems to be always having issues with his Mac. He had to use is iPhone to talk on Skype with me the other day.. because his Mac was so slow. To be honest I doubt I will ever own one, specially after hearing that.

Sefie, Aug 1, 2015
  3. jamesbonner

IcyBC

I have the MacBook Air for over a month now, and it was a gift from my brother who knows that I have to work online to make money, and that my Window laptop is dying a horrible dead. It seems to run so slowly and took so long to load.

Apple products are more expensive than Window, but in the long run, with careful usage, it would last longer I believe!

IcyBC, Aug 1, 2015
  4. jamesbonner

Gurpreet Bhatia

Is your Laptop is completely broke or partially? It can be repaired if it is partially broken just like new. No need to buy another one.

Gurpreet Bhatia, Aug 13, 2015
  5. jamesbonner

angela10

I currently have a Macbook Air, around two years with me and I love it. It's very light, very portable and the speed is nothing to complain about. Just make sure you take care of it properly (avoid having liquids near your Mac!) and it'd still surely work well for years to come. If I ever decide to get an upgrade, I'd probably get a Macbook Pro. My boyfriend currently has one (the retina version) and it works well with him.

angela10, Oct 5, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. jamesbonner

IcyBC

My sister has the Macbook Pro, the retina version for five years now. She has never done any maintenance on it and I don't believe she even did the clearing history or cache. She loves her Macbook Pro and swears by it that she has no problem whatsoever..

IcyBC, Jan 4, 2016
  7. jamesbonner

DaniDavidson

I have a Macbook pro that I got this summer and I seriously love it. I think that it's my favorite laptop that I've ever had. I knew that I had to get one because my parents have the desktop and they are very trustworthy and you don't have to worry about a virus or anything else like that. I just personally love the ease of use when it comes to the MacBooks.

DaniDavidson, Apr 18, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  8. jamesbonner

fcuco

In terms of specs and price your decision is between a MacBook Pro or the MacBook Air, the regular MacBook is a terrible buy compared to the other models. The only thing that you get is a massive battery but you only get one port and laughable specs for the price.

The 13 inch MacBook air is 300$ cheaper than the 12 inch MacBook and has more powerful specs altogether. It is only one pound heavier, so you would be paying 300$ for fewer ports and 1 pound. Terrible buy.

fcuco, May 2, 2016
  9. jamesbonner

GearZ

The best for me is the MacBook Air. I normally do most of my computing on a big, ugly, Windows or Unix machine. But when I travel or I'm taking care of some late night stuff from bed, I want thin, light, and hassle free. The MacBook Air fits that description and then some.

GearZ, Jun 19, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  10. jamesbonner

Krnasmommy

I've been thinking about buying a MacBook and now that I've ready all your posts I think I've made a decision! I'm hoping this will be the right one! I've always been iffy because I've heard so many bad things about Apple but I've also heard a lot of good things.

Krnasmommy, Jun 28, 2016
  11. jamesbonner

rz3300

Well I think that if you have decided to get a Macbook, that means that you are willing to spend a little more money, so I would say go ahead and get a top of the line one. I have a friend who bought a Macbook Air not too long ago and he raves about the thing, and I have felt it and it weighs about the same as a small notebook...it is quite impressive. Do some homework and find out what features you need, and I would say go big or go home.

rz3300, Jun 28, 2016
  12. jamesbonner

Krnasmommy

Hmm that's a good idea. I guess if I'm going to spend money on a laptop I might as well get one that I want and that will hold up. And I might as well spend a good amount of money so I'm not getting something I have to replace a year later. And I like that the MacBook Air is lightweight. I also love that it comes in Rose Gold ;) haha

Krnasmommy, Jun 29, 2016
  13. jamesbonner

kitty

The bridge between what is and what isn't
    I have a 15" Macbook Pro with retina display, and I love it so much! It's really great at juggling all the things I want to do, when I know a windows laptop would struggle to even deal with the amount of tabs in Chrome I have open at one time. My old laptop used to crash all the time but my Macbook hasn't crashed once and I've had it for a year and a half now - the average lifespan of my old windows laptops was nearly always about a year because I am a very heavy user, and probably slightly careless with how I work on my computer. I would say if you can, go for as high specs as possible over the colour. I would worry about the memory and capabilities of the small ones, but I do use mine for photo and video editing which obviously takes a lot of memory and processing power. If you're planning on just using it as a netbook - light browsing, text editing - then I'd say you'd be fine with the gold one.

kitty, Aug 16, 2016
  14. jamesbonner

Allen1

Fоr mоst usеrs 13 inсh MасBооk аir shоuld bе gооd еnоugh. It hаs bееn upgrаdеd tо 8 GB RаM rесеntly аnd shоuld run smооthly fоr mоst tаsks. Unlеss yоu usе tоо mаny аpps аnd multiplе windоws in brоwsеrs аll dаy this shоuld bе gооd tо lаst 3 tо 4 yеаrs. It dоеsn't hаvе Rеtinа displаy but thеn hаving it isn't еssеntiаl if yоu аrе оn а budgеt. Hаving sаid thаt thе MасBооk аir hаs а gооd sсrееn аnd it lооks а littlе dim аnd соlоrs аppеаr slightly diffеrеnt соmpаrеd tо MасBооk/MасBооk Prо with rеtinа displаy аnd yоu will nоtiсе it оnly whеn yоu sее bоth sidе by sidе.

Allen1, Aug 21, 2016
  15. jamesbonner

BlueText

I personally have a MacBook pro but I have one of the older ones with four usb ports. The new ones skimp on it. I think you'll have to decide if you need a bigger screen or a lighter computer for travel. I hear a lot of people love their Macbook Air but I have a ton of big programs on my computer so Pro for me.

BlueText, Sep 10, 2016
Ask a Question