What e-mail client do you use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

I'm currently using Outlook, I used Yahoo for many years, but I switched some years ago, mostly because of all the inconveniences I was experiencing while trying to check my own mail. I had to give Outlook a try, since I knew hotmail had always been so trustworthy and I rarely had any issues trying to access my mail.

So I decided to get my outlook account and here I am (I also used the desktop client in the past, but used a yahoo account and not a hotmail one back then). I also have a gmail account, but I rarely use it. I don't like the way the GUI looks like. It doesn't look as clean and clear as outlook does :)

Sefie, Aug 17, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

I use Yahoo and Google, but I mainly use Google more than others. It has less spam mails than Yahoo, and somehow I find it easier to work with, setting up folders, and organize my inbox.

IcyBC, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Sefie

Diane Lane

I have so many email accounts for different functions that I use several, but Yahoo is my default mail client. I still have a Hotmail address associated with my original eBay account, and also use Gmail. I used Outlook at several jobs over the years, and that worked well, but I'm too lazy to set it up here at home.

Diane Lane, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Sefie

Sefie

I hear ya, Outlook is so convenient, but I am also kinda lazy to even look into it. It made thins much easier when replying to e mails and so on, but now I get notifications on my phone when I get a new mail. So I don't think it's that great anymore. Is Yahoo service working well most of the time now? I left because I couldn't access my account for days back in 2012.

Sefie, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

I remember back in the days when I used Yahoo, it was very spammy indeed! I often found a lot scam and spam mails in my inbox, I didn't think so much about it back then, but now I don't experience that at all. I honestly thought it was normal to receive that quantity of spam, lol. I was so young.

Sefie, Aug 28, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. Sefie

something back

Opera mail is quality email program,you can use it with a variety of email accounts.

For those requiring a lot of email accounts, obtaining a domain name,and hosting account
    could be the best solution.

The cost can be very low if you shop around. Costs can vary from as little £7 or $10 a year, and over.

You can create different email accounts when you have a domain name,and hosting account.
    Say one for , business , social , banking , ordering things online , and one for obtaining
    free software that requires registration.

You can delete them if you are receiving lots of spam, and make as many email addresses
    as you like instantly.

something back, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Sefie

IcyBC

I was required to have a Yahoo email account because I was writing for Yahoo Voice. I didn't use this email account for anything else beside signing in to do my Yahoo Voice article, and yet I get like hundreds of scam and spam mail everyday. It was just ridiculous. I believe Yahoo sold my information, and some extremely talented hackers got my email account :)

IcyBC, Aug 30, 2015
  8. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC I've always sensed something was wrong at yahoo, because almost everyone I knew who used that e-mail client reported something similar. I do think they sold my details to be honest, I read somewhere that is something a lot companies do because it pays really well D: Not ethical at all! By the way, are you still working for them or not anymore?

Sefie, Sep 9, 2015
  9. Sefie

Sefie

@something back That sounds very interesting, but I can't help but to wonder... is there really a need for so many e-mail address? I ask you because you know a lot about this, do you think it's something I should consider doing? I use the same e-mail for everything right now, but sometimes I think I should have at least two e-mail addresses: one for work and one for personal things.

Sefie, Sep 9, 2015
  10. Sefie

something back

In the past having used yahoo, and others I found google had been compromised
    by a hacker.

Having run a website some years ago I knew that you could have a domain name, and
    hosting package that would provide you with as many email addresses are required so
    this is what I have done.

It's handy to have your important emails separated form your everyday ones.
    If anything happens such as lots of spam you can then just drop them.

Only received one spam message in two years doing it that way.

something back, Sep 9, 2015
  11. Sefie

Sefie

@something back I might do that :) Not now though, but I really plan to create a hobby web site, plan to find a good host for my blog and hopefully take it from there :) Thanks for the advice and by the way, this whole thing leads me to believe my e-mails might not be so private after all D:

Sefie, Sep 10, 2015
  12. Sefie

MandyMarieB

I have quite a few. Yahoo is the one I've had for years. I also have a Gmail for more 'professional' stuff. And then I use Hotmail for work. Good grief.

MandyMarieB, Sep 20, 2015
  13. Sefie

jamesbonner

I use Gmail, I've tried yahoo and hotmail before, but I found that gmail is the best, the spam filter is really strong ! it's the best for me !

jamesbonner, Sep 20, 2015
  14. Sefie

thess

I use gmail because it already comes on my phone, it's easy to manage, and I'm very used to it now.

thess, Oct 7, 2015
  15. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:I like gmail.com, outlook.com, yahoo.com and aol.com and have e-mail account in each of them. I have so many different e-mail account for different things. :)

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 11, 2015
  16. Sefie

Sefie

Nice! But would you mind me asking.... why do you use different clients? Isn't it more confusing to remember all those different address with different e-mail clients? or is it somehow easier to keep track of them?

Sefie, Oct 15, 2015
  17. Sefie

cheryllei9h

Been using Gmail. I used to use Yahoo, but always get so much spam on there. I like the folders on Gmail. And how everything is in one. Like youtube, google, hangouts, google plus and google play.

cheryllei9h, Oct 15, 2015
  18. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

Sefie:
    I have different purposes for different email accounts. I need to have different kinds of e-mails for business and tax purposes to be precise. When you have ongoing business you need to have things separate from your personal accounts. I find it suits my purposes with different email accounts.

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 15, 2015
  19. Sefie

Sefie

Oh I see! I was just wondering about you using different e-mail clients, because you could use different e-mail accounts, but with the same e-mail client. I thought maybe you used different clients because it might be easier to remember all those accounts :) I've one outlook.com account as well as an old hotmail one.

Sefie, Oct 21, 2015
Ask a Question