What do you usually do during the weekend?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Hi guys! The weekend is finally here :) I have several plans for this weekend, on Saturday we are going to a mall that has a lot restaurants, we are going to sit there and enjoy a meal together (me and some friends). I usually do that every Saturday and I love it! After that we usually go to the movies, then we all go home.

I look forward to the weekend all the time :) It's nice I don't have to cook at all on Friday as well :) On Sunday I go back to the same routine (completing a few tasks online to make some money while I find an actual job that pays a decent wage).

What do you guys usually do during the weekend?

Sefie, Mar 7, 2014
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Sefie

mikelouis

I am a gamer so mostly I will playing some games that I have missed the whole week. It helps me get off all the pressure from work and enjoy myself once in a while. I also throw in a couple of movies.

mikelouis, Mar 12, 2014
  3. Sefie

Charles Franklin

I am a heavy reader, despite the fact that my career (right now) deals heavily in books. (I am a book publicist.) Other than that, if I am not on the laptop, I am usually trying to take a break before something in the house or someone in my family finds me.

Charles Franklin, Mar 13, 2014
  4. Sefie

Sefie

Hehehe, same here. Lately I barely have any time for myself, I love reading so much, but no time for that! I can really relate to you in that sense, it's so hard sometimes... I also like to hide for a bit and forget about everything, at least for a couple of minutes Sometimes some silence is all I need to get out of that day...

Sefie, Apr 3, 2014
  5. Sefie

Jazma96

Usually kick back and relax, or drive out to the beach for some relaxation.

Jazma96, Apr 8, 2014
  6. Sefie

mmmaske

I'm at work for +10 hours every weekday, so weekends are special, special days where I can play games and rest all. day. long.

This weekend is different though, it's the birthday of a good friend of mine so I guess I'm going to drink myself silly!

mmmaske, May 15, 2014
  7. Sefie

IcyBC

I do very light work online during the weekend as I want to give myself a break, and not staring into the screen all the time. I usually clean up the house, or spending more time outside in my garden looking for bugs to shoot with my camera.

IcyBC, Sep 23, 2015
  8. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC I need to do that as well, I am having trouble making ends meet at the end of the month, but sometimes I feel kinda crazy for working online even on Sunday and Saturday. I work every single day, but on Saturday I go out for a while, it's my way to stay sane ;) Otherwise I'd go crazy... I can't wait to get better, so I can find a normal job, with fixed schedule, so the rest of the day I can just enjoy! By the way, I also like photography =D Do you take a lot flower macros? or only shoot bugs?

Sefie, Sep 24, 2015
  9. Sefie

Sefie

@mmmaske Wow, you work online as ell? 10+ hours a day sounds like so much work! No wonder you do have to rest every weekend! I don't really work as much, hence I work during the weekends as well ;) I wish I could dedicate my weekends to playing video games :( Lately there is always something to do...

Sefie, Sep 24, 2015
  10. Sefie

Sefie

@Jazma96 You are very lucky then, I live so far away from the sea :( So being able to drive to the beach every weekend would be amazing, but sadly I'm 20 hours away (by car) from the closest beach :( That might change soon though :) I will be moving to a place with a park and a lake nearby, a beach very near as well.

Sefie, Sep 24, 2015
  11. Sefie

IcyBC

I am also tried very hard every day trying to make ends meet, and I have an elderly mother, a young teenager to tend to, so whatever I can do, I do. Sometimes, I pushed myself too hard and ended up getting really sick for a couple of days. I learn my lesson well :)

I take lot of macro photos, bugs, flowers, butterflies, birds whenever the opportunity presented itself, and sky shots and anything that triggers my interest. It is my way of relaxing by just shooting and being out in nature.

IcyBC, Sep 24, 2015
  12. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC I guess we have no choice, but keep on working very hard every single day ;) I have learnt to accept my fate and to be honest i no longer dread it as much as I first did when I wrote the original post. I now wake up very early in the morning, no problems to do that at all, because my neurological problem has caused some odd sleep pattern changes... So i can no longer sleep like everyone does... my sleep is so frail and no longer deep. So is easier to get up in the morning now, but I am sleep deprived most of the time.

That's awesome, what kind of camera do you use? Taking photos used to be my outlet as well, now for practical purposes is cooking and baking. Because well, we all got to eat, hehehe! But baking and cooking relax me a lot.

Sefie, Sep 25, 2015
  13. Sefie

thess

We take my daughter to her soccer practices and Sundays are usually lazy days for us. We lounge around and hang out. We'll go play outside if it's nice and watch movies together.

thess, Oct 7, 2015
  14. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Like ICYBC I do light work on the internet on weekends. I usually clean house on Sat. and kick back at night for my favorite television programs of anime where I just relax and forget the world. Then Sunday I either go shopping and to the library for light catch-up of the week work on the internet or both. Have a good weekend everyone!

Krissttina Isobe, Dec 2, 2015
  15. Sefie

Sefie

That sounds quite nice, Krissttina! I have a similar routine, but for me the weekends are now about relaxing. On Saturday I go out, eat outside and go to the movies, then come back and sleep early. On Sunday I usually just relax, maybe watch a movie.. when they air a Harry Potter movie I feel in heaven.

Sefie, Dec 14, 2015
  16. Sefie

typist88

I see this thread was started back in March lol. Nice! We had a family gathering this weekend for Christmas for one side of the family. This was because some of them will be out of town during Christmas so we had it early. It was lots of fun. We do a small white elephant gift, which is always entertaining to watch people open random presents. There were 5 little kids there and 14 adults so it was a zoo at times. But overall, it was relaxing and enjoyable with great food :). Yay for the holidays :).

typist88, Dec 21, 2015
  17. Sefie

Sefie

@typist88 This thread is about the things you normally do during the weekends, there is a thread about the holidays this year and it's in the same sub-forum as this one. You might want to check it out. And by the way, my fiance's family do something similar.

Sefie, Dec 26, 2015
Ask a Question