What are your must install applications on Android?

Discussion in 'Android' started by StaplerAshtray, Feb 11, 2016.

1. StaplerAshtray

StaplerAshtray

Everytime I install a new ROM, reset to factory settings or buy a new phone, there are always a set number of applications I have to install immediately.

AirDroid
    This great application allows you to connect your Android smartphone to your computer using nothing but an internet connection and a web browser. It allows you to basically use your phone from the browser without needing to even pick it up. All you do is scan a QR Code provided by the website and it instantly connects both devices. I find it invaluable and it's the first application I install in order to install the rest more easily.

Google Keep
    I don't think this application requires a description. It's a very simple note taking application created by google. It automatically syncs with your Google account and you can access keep.google.com and have all your information stored there for ease of use.

Relay
    Relay is a Reddit client. I find it superior to most other variations because of the material design, slide features and ease of use. It provides notifications, allows you to save posts for later viewing and has support for the different kinds of images and video linked to on Reddit. It's simple to use and free which makes it my favorite Reddit client.

SwiftKey
    This one I just can't go without. The amazing prediction coupled with multi-language support and keyboard theming makes it the best keyboard I have ever used on Android. I tried most variations but I always come back to SwiftKey. I admit it can get kind of heavy if you use it on a low-end phone, but anything mid to high-end can handle it effortlessly. It learns your writing pattern. I swear sometimes it just reads my mind and knows what I want to say next.

So, which applications do you find invaluable to have on your phone?

StaplerAshtray, Feb 11, 2016
  2. StaplerAshtray

Sefie

AirDroid sounds like a really cool app! 'm so going to give it a try right now by downloading it. I think I had heard about it before, I told myself I'd download it as soon as I had the chance, but I guess I just forgot. Thanks for reminding me!

Sefie, Feb 13, 2016
  3. StaplerAshtray

vinaya

What apps you need on your Android device depends on your priorities. Since I enjoy reading ebooks, I need applications that can open PDF files. Sometimes I use my hand held device as writing pan, thus I need an application that reads word file. I have WPS office that can read pdf and word file. I take interest on health technology,thus I have Medscape, and I also have mobile security app.

vinaya, Feb 13, 2016
  4. StaplerAshtray

Charles Franklin

My "must-download" apps changes, depending on need. Right now, my current needs are meditation, reading, and communication. I use Insight Timer for meditation, Amazon Kindle for reading, and Gmail/Twitter for communication. I have a whole bunch of Google apps, but Google just dropped them on like an uninvited house guest.

Charles Franklin, Feb 16, 2016
Ask a Question