Whаt's thе futurе оf Gооglе's Сhrоmе ОS?

Discussion in 'Chrome OS' started by Allen1, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Allen1

Allen1

In my оpiniоn I think thаt with sо mаny sсhооls аdоpting сhrоmеbооks, thе mеrging оf сhrоmе оS аnd аndrоid might nоt hаppеn аs quiсkly аs еxpесtеd. I knоw thаt sсhооls аrе nоt оnly аdоpting сhrоmеbооks bесаusе оf thе соst, but аlsо bесаusе thеy аrе nоt gаming plаtfоrms. If аndrоid аnd сhrоmе оS mеrgе, thеn yоu hаvе thе pоssibility оf сhrоmеbооks dоwnlоаding а whоlе hоst оf gаmеs thаt will mаkе using thе dеviсеs in Sсhооls prоblеmаtiс.
    I think сhrоmеbооks аrе pеrfесt fоr sсhооl bесаusе thеy kееp studеnts mоrе fосusеd оn thе wоrk withоut hаvе аll thе distrасtiоns оf bеing аblе tо dоwnlоаd gаmеs. саn yоu still plаy gаmеs оn а сhrоmеbооk? Surе, but thеy аrе wеb bаsеd аnd thus саn bе mоrе еаsily blосkеd аt Sсhооl. If kids аrе аblе tо dоwnlоаd gаmеs tо thеir dеviсеs, thеn thеy саn plаy thеm аt аny timе аnd thеy will.

Allen1, Aug 26, 2016
  2. Allen1

IcyBC

Many schools have started on using Chromebook since I believe that they will have more control of what students do with downloading things, or other issues. My nephew, 12, has to carry with him a Chromebook from school everyday, to do his homework. So I believe future of Chromebook users will be high!

IcyBC, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Allen1

rz3300

Well usually whenever I can see the words Google and future side by side I tend to get pretty excited, because it usually means that it is about something exciting and new. I cannot really speak to any specifics here, but I imagine a lot of changes for the better, and all that I can really say is that I hope the security measures keep up. Should be interesting, though, and thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Allen1

vinaya

I have not used Chrome OS or Chromebook for that matter. However, I have used many Android devices. Even though I don't have any experience with Chrome OS, I believe this OS has a bright future. I don't think Android and Chrome will merge,I believe these two OS will continue to work separately. I think Google will let Android work as an Open Source while it will reserve ChromeOS for its products.

vinaya, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Allen1

abonnen

I love the Chrome OS, it is simple and fast which I LOVE. However I think that other sites are going to have to become more Chrome OS friendly for chrome to really take off I think.

abonnen, Aug 29, 2016
  6. Allen1

fcuco

You don't need to have android games in order to use a Chromebook as a gaming device, more and more games are web based, html5 even so no additional plugins are required to play them out of the box. Some of the more popular android games actually have web based equivalents, so I highly doubt that gaming has anything to do with Chromebook adoption rates at schools, stuff like agar.io is completely web based, and if we are talking about distractions... well, you can access social media from a Chromebook just fine, and I am sure that this is a larger distraction than games for today's kids.

fcuco, Sep 1, 2016
  7. Allen1

Corzhens

I still have to get a taste of Chromebooks but from what I have read in this forum, it is a basic OS that allows internet and some other simple software. And I agree that it can be a good way to prevent the user from engaging in games particularly if the user is a student who can devote his focus on his studies instead of gaming. And in this vein, I have this feeling that a Chrome OS will be good for me since the use of my laptop is only for simple programs like word processor and spreadsheet, not to forget powerpoint presentations.

Corzhens, Sep 2, 2016
Ask a Question