Usb accessories

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Rezonate, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Rezonate

Rezonate

Guys in an obsessed with anything usb powered. I currently own a usb powered fan, usb powered light, usb powered mini fridge. Does anybody else have this kind of obsession ? And where I can get more accessories that are powered via usb ?

Rezonate, Jan 4, 2016
  2. Rezonate

IBMPC8088

Never seen an obsession like that before lol. You can get any type of usb powered device available online from Amazon, Ebay, or Newegg. There are adapters now that let you convert any 4, 9, or 12 volt appliance DC jack to a usb power supply. You can power most things that way as long as it's in a safe threshold for what the port can reasonably power. You'll always want to use usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 ports to power devices, and as a word of caution, always make sure it's a safe voltage and amperage rating when you do. There are some devices that are on the borderline for what they can pull, and if you try to pull too much from a single connection, it can damage a port or that part of the board that controls your usb root hub. If in doubt, there are cables that let you double-up or tripple-up the power supply from usb cables, dividing the load that would normally be too much between 2 or 3 usb ports instead, which is safe. This is why some external dvd writers need to use 2 usb ports over usb2.0 to power it, but if you are just using it as a cd om or basic cd writer, it uses less power and you only need one usb port to use it then.

IBMPC8088, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Rezonate

ACSAPA

Just about every electronic and power adapter can be found in either USB or Mini-USB form. It's kind of like how a lot of lights or back-lit items or electronics use LED lights. I'm sure you can find all kinds of these USB accessories and products online or at Best Buy. If you're OK with finding something cheaper, even Walmart should do. I haven't heard of someone being obsessed specifically with USB items, but feel free to look for more if it suits you. I have an obsession with technology in general, so I don't think it's weird.

ACSAPA, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Rezonate

IcyBC

LOL..I am glad I don't have this obsession with USB but I think eBay and Amazon will supply you with whatever USB accessories that are available out there :)

IcyBC, Feb 11, 2016
  5. Rezonate

KimmyMarkks

I've never heard of a USB fan. I'm assuming you use your computer a lot? I just use it for charging my phone. However, I find that when I charge my phone through my computer it doesn't charge as fast as if I do it via an outlet.

KimmyMarkks, Feb 16, 2016
  6. Rezonate

acerme2

I have a usb powered fan, too, and it's very handy when the weather is a bit hot or when the aircon is not cooling efficiently. I've never seen a usb-powered mini-fridge though, and I assume it must be sucking a lot of power from your battery. It's nice having these mini versions on the desk though.

acerme2, Sep 24, 2016
Ask a Question