Unable to make recovery USB on XP

Discussion in 'Linux' started by spoon, Apr 14, 2009.

1. spoon

spoon

Hi

My friend has an Acer Aspire One ZG5 with Linux installed (or linpus?) Anyway using my Windows XP PC I have tried using the recovery DVD included with the AAOne to make a recovery USB but it just freezes after selecting "Create USB Recovery Drive" I'm using an 8gb Cruzer USB.

So can anyone direct me to the needed files, iso etc to be able to install it to USB using Unetbootin and the procedure on how to do it, so I can reinstall to the AAOne? Or another process of making the USB? I am novice at this though!

The reason for doing this is because the AAOne wont connect to wireless and the icon has gone, also the Network Centre wont open, i have read online about this and tried several things such as deleting the networking folder but it didnt help (it just stayed deleted, another wasnt made, but i managed to find the networking folder and restore it)

And other option i read was to replace the nm_applet but i have no idea how to find the folder and have checked to show hidden files? Its supposed to be in the folder /usr/bin/nm-applet but i cannot even find that folder!

Any info on any of these matters would be great.

Thanks in advance

spoon, Apr 14, 2009
Ask a Question