Unable to boot my acer one

Discussion in 'Acer' started by pheonix_rising, Apr 8, 2014.

1. pheonix_rising

pheonix_rising

I was doing a clean install since I received this computer from a friend as a gift and wanted to start with a fresh computer. Problem is while it was doing the install we had a power outage and for some reason the battery did not kick on and know I am getting the following message "windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the problem. To fix the problem :
    1.insert your windows installation disk. ( I dont have one and I dont have a cd drive since it is a netbook.)

Info: the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Any help on how to solve this issue would be great.
    Thanks,

pheonix_rising, Apr 8, 2014
  2. pheonix_rising

Brian8gbSSDLinux

You say you were doing a clean Install... HOW ? if you have neither an Installation disk or a CD Drive?

I must assume that you were using an USB STICK aka Pendrive...

What seems to have happened is that you are NOW - EITHER trying to boot your computer without the Pendrive in place - OR - IF IT IS IN PLACE - then the computer has forgotten that it should be booting from the Pendrive

IF THAT IS SO... Put the Pendrive BACK in the computer and set it to boot from USB... when you Boot from the Pendrive it is the equivalent to booting from an Installation (CD) Disk !

Please feed back success or failure... Thanks

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Apr 9, 2014
  3. pheonix_rising

Nestone50

I suspect he was doing the "clean install" from the system restore. He will need to create an emergency boot disk and copy to a flash drive or obtain an external DVD drive. There are several available downloads online for either making a DVD or bootable emergency flash drive..

Nestone50, Apr 9, 2014
Ask a Question