Touchpad - Tapping & left button NOT WORKING - HELP

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Markill, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Markill

Markill

Hi I've Just bought Acer Aspire One 150L with Linux - Tested it and everything was working fine (Touchpad and both buttons etc..)
    After Installing Windows XP (Vortex Vista Third generation "Red") Touchpad still works (I can move the cursor around the screen) but tapping doesn't and left button neither - I can use only right button. On the Touchpad Ikon it look like the left button is pressed all the time (the little dot symbolizing the left button is green) - At the moment I've got USB mouse connected otherwise using the touchpad is nearly impossible. Mouse is workin fine - all the buttons + mousewheel - clicking & dragging etc.....
    When I click on the Touchpad ikon and select "Poining Device Properties" --> "Device Settings" tab and going to settings I can Disable Button manualy.....after that tapping works but of corse buttons don't - so it isn't a solution at all. And even that Tapping is possible with both buttons disabled I still can't Drag&Drop .... - quick double tap and moving icons, windows, selecting text etc. etc. - Have to use the mouse to be able to do that. Single tapping and double tapping the shortcuts works.
    I've alrady downloaded the latest drivers for Touchpad from Acer website - installed it....uninstalled and installed again - NO LUCK...I've removed the battery like some other users advised - NO LUCK. ITS NOT a FN key + F7 like some other "experts" advised and it's not a hardware malfunction 'cos it DID work with bloo#@$# Linux before.
    PLEASE HELP...I'm out of Ideas.
    As for now I've disabled both buttons and set the right bottom corner of the touchpad as a "Right button Action" - thats the only way I can use the Acer without the USB mose pluged in....but still Dragging, selecting, changing size of the windows etc...don't work :(:(:(:(:( ...I even tried to set the Left bootom corner of the touchpad as "left button double tap"- that doesn't work neither :(:(
    HELP...

Martin

Markill, Mar 25, 2009
  2. Markill

fantasmicmickey

I have the exact same problem but with the right button. It symantic touchpad icon on the system tray says that the right button is down. I have to disable the right button to use the touchpad.

Tried everything, (Fn-F7, pull battery, uninstall/reinstall drivers and factory recovery). Nothing works.

Sent it back to Acer but when it reached them, it started working again so it was sent back to me. It did work for about a week and now it's doing it again.

I don't know what else to do but to send it back again.

fantasmicmickey, Apr 13, 2009
Ask a Question