Touch Pad Problem

Discussion in 'Lenovo / IBM' started by glreese, Jun 6, 2016.

1. glreese

glreese

I have a LENOVO G40 and the touch pad glitches probably at least every 15-30 minutes I use it, sometimes more. If I use it a lot it starts to go by itself and I can't control it. I can even take my hand off of it and the pointer continues moving. I have to press F6 and leave it for 5-10 seconds if I want it to go back to normal. Any advice?

glreese, Jun 6, 2016
  2. glreese

hades_leae

Yeah, go into the touch pad properties in the control panel and reset the track pad device. Mines starting holding clicks, moving around when I wasn't touching it, and doing all sorts of other stuff that I didn't want so I reset it.

Sometimes I guess it remembers certain actions and starts acting up because of something which I don't know, but it does those actions without you telling it to. You just need to reset the device. It should be in the mouse setting because it's a mouse property. Also, go and but a $5 or $10 dollar mouse, it helps.,

hades_leae, Jul 25, 2016
Ask a Question