Toshiba Satellite problems?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by asaaaron, Feb 9, 2014.

1. asaaaron

asaaaron

Did anyone have insane problems with laptops in the Toshiba Satellite series? I've long since stopped using them, but a few years ago I had one that was just horrid. The fact that it ran Windows Vista didn't help. After a few months of light use, it was slower than molasses. Opening the internet took an hour. Then the hinge connecting the screen to the body of the laptop broke and the screen started shorting out. The final straw was when the battery decided that it would only hold charges in 5 minute bursts. Piece of garbage. Or I'm a terrible computer user. I accept that both may be true.

asaaaron, Feb 9, 2014
  2. asaaaron

Sefie

You are scaring me :p I just bought a Toshiba Satellite a few weeks ago back at home, but I haven't been able to use it because I am abroad. I used a Toshiba Satellite for nearly 6 years and it worked great. I guess you just were very unlucky?

Sefie, Feb 23, 2014
  3. asaaaron

jenferrer

My Toshiba Statllite C800 is slow, too. I am worried. It starts within 1 -2 minitues.

jenferrer, Jan 20, 2015
  4. asaaaron

jimboace1

i have a Toshiba Satellite pro and it is the worst most annoying computer i have ever had , its slow it takes eons to boot up , it is supposed to have 8GB of ram and supposedly can multitask , what a load of nonsense that is . i have had this laptop about a year and as soon as the warranty ran out , that was it . from that point onward it has gone tits up shall i say. anyone reading this who is thinking of buying one , well take my word for it and go for one that isn't a pile of s**t like this one.

jimboace1, Mar 4, 2015
  5. asaaaron

Pete Sacchetti

Pete Sacchetti, Oct 28, 2015
  6. asaaaron

Pete Sacchetti

and how about them system restores,mine takes about 2.5-3 hours for a restore point just 2 weeks prior,never again but will save it just incase I ever happen to be in area of Toshiba manufacturing so I can threw it thr*w it right th**w a dam win**w

Pete Sacchetti, Oct 28, 2015
  7. asaaaron

CreoleQueen777

NO you are not a terrible computer user, I own a Toshiba Satellite the was windows 7 I think? And everything you just described was my Toshiba in a nut shell. Their great computers in the beginning, Give it a year or two and it's dead as a doornail.

CreoleQueen777, Nov 16, 2015
  8. asaaaron

IcyBC

I bought a Toshiba Satalite laptop for my son about 5-6 years ago. He is a teenager so he doesn't really do too much as far as maintenance goes on that laptop, but it is still running. Slow, but running! I think it was a good laptop and was worth the money I spent on it.

IcyBC, Nov 16, 2015
  9. asaaaron

billywhizz

billywhizz, Sep 20, 2022
  10. asaaaron

billywhizz

i have a Toshiba satalite-c855 i have had it about seven years and it as never gone wrong.
    until now but that's' another story.

billywhizz, Sep 20, 2022
Ask a Question