Teamviewer Alternative?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by GearZ, Jul 27, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ

Teamviewer has helped me tremendously with working on the road and elsewhere. I can access all my boxes from my laptop and get stuff done. There is one problem: it is so darn unreliable on some boxes. I've had to resort to scheduling tasks to automatically restart the client on some, but even that doesn't quite do it. So I am looking for an alternative.

Can anyone recommend an alternative that has similar features, is reliable, and has both Windows and Mac OS X support? Free would be great, but I am willing to pay for a solution if it actually works.

Thanks all for your time. :)

GearZ, Jul 27, 2015
  2. GearZ

jamesbonner

Well, as you probably know Teamviewer is the best software in this kind of programs, so maybe alternative softwares won't be so good as it is, but I'll give you a small list and you choose from them :
    - logmein : it works with Windows, Mac, Android and iOs
    - tightvnc : it works with windows and Linux (I've tried it once it's good with widnows)
    - join.me : it works with Windows, Mac, Android & iOs (it's made by the creator of logmein)

that's all what I've found, search abotu them and choose the best ... good luck :)

jamesbonner, Jul 30, 2015
  3. GearZ

GearZ

Thank you for the links, Jamesbonner. I'm familiar with Join.Me, but have not tried the others yet. It should be worth giving a spin. I like Teamviewer, but I am find the client flaky on some machines.

GearZ, Jul 31, 2015
  4. GearZ

Prasanta Shee

TeamViewer is good but its data has been recently hacked. Have a look at http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36459015 Are hosted services secured? Why not use on premise remote support solutions like R-HUB remote support servers? It works from behind your corporate firewall, hence better security.

Prasanta Shee, Sep 1, 2016
  5. GearZ

fcuco

I had a terrible experience with Logmein, cancelling the service was a pain in the rear, they were doing everything in their power to prevent me from cancelling the service after charging me for a year that I never used. Their customer service was abysmal, and their practices and tactics to prevent me from cancelling the service were borderline criminal, I feel completely rip off by them.

Plus their prices were insane, even as it was hacked, right now, there nothing better than TeamViewer, I actually own a premium license and I am very happy with it, it is a one time fee, they experimented with a subscription based thing and everybody yelled at them so they had to stop it.

fcuco, Sep 1, 2016
  6. GearZ

Elektron

Logmein is quite good, but if you can just use Teamviewer, it's the best, however, if you're only looking to share your screen with somebody else you could use Skype's screen share feature, good luck.

Elektron, Sep 5, 2016
  7. GearZ

gwood

There's no true alternative in my opinion. We used Logmein and Ammyy Admin at work for a short period looking for cheaper/free alternative but had to go back to Teamviewer soon. But if you absolutely can not use it, you can try both Logmein and Ammyy Admin. They do have the most features needed for basic personal use.

gwood, Sep 5, 2016
  8. GearZ

Fuzyon

The only alternative I've tried is Logmein and I feel like it's not as responsive as Teamviewer, although I mainly used it to connect my phone to my computer. Teamviewer has also been really fishy in terms of security so I would be scared to touch it for the time being.

Fuzyon, Sep 5, 2016
Ask a Question