Take a look at your google activity just how much does Google know about you?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Jun 29, 2016.

1. something back

something back

Take a look at your google activity just how much does Google know about you?

Thanks go to betanews.com for the link

This will help you to find out:

https://myactivity.google.com/

something back, Jun 29, 2016
    IBMPC8088 and IcyBC like this.
  2. something back

rahul pahwa

now you can get an idea that we people have no privacy

rahul pahwa, Jun 29, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. something back

IcyBC

Yikes! Everything I do online has been recorded! Not only I see ads of things I searched for, it also keep track of what and where I visited. So much for privacy act :(

IcyBC, Jul 1, 2016
    something back and IBMPC8088 like this.
  4. something back

something back

It's worrying that everything is being recorded, it only takes one good hacker
    to know your wants, and needs.

In my case the hacker will know the size of curtains we have ordered, the
    wife always on it.

Best to keep removing the info every week/month or so.

something back, Jul 1, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  5. something back

vinaya

When you choose to get engaged online, you will have to abandon your privacy. Getting engaged with world wide web means you are a public figure, your entire information is out for the public consumption.
    Now,I am ready to click the link. I want to see what has been recorded.

vinaya, Jul 1, 2016
  6. something back

Novelangel

It's really frightening what is floating around out there. You can barely breathe without some silly ad popping up on your screen... and it's eerie how well it matches current events in your life. Facebook is notorious for this sort of thing. My husband bought something online a while back, and for days he was busily researching different prices for the product... and meanwhile his and my Facebook pages were popping up ads left and right for that very item like crazy. It's like you want to shout, "get out of my head, Facebook!" Google is notorious for this because they own everything... kind of like yahoo did back in the day. There are some people who try to avoid Google for this reason. There are lesser known search engines out there... one that comes to mind is Duck, Duck Go, I believe that's the name of it. It's a much safer search engine if you want to use something that obscure. I've used it a little bit, but it takes too long to get to that site and I have yet to make it my default search engine.

Novelangel, Jul 1, 2016
    something back likes this.
  7. something back

IBMPC8088

This is why you make a separate google account for a browser with no personal information attached to it, or incorrect data that can't be correlated to an accurate connection and use that exclusively in a sandbox, or better yet, a combined vpn+tor solution. Duck Duck Go, as mentioned, also can be used in a pinch. The net isn't and hasn't been a resource for the public as much as it was during the 90's and early 2000's, but more of a bait and switch, to where it got people interested and intrigued by what they could do with it and have, and then started to record, track, market, and take from people more than it gave while just gicing them parts of what they used to have freely, without being tracked, and without restrictions.

Try not to pair your phone or mobile devices with Google accounts if you can help it. It significantly adds to the amount of information recorded and tracked by them, especially through apps. Facebook is almost if not equally as bad as google with this now.

IBMPC8088, Jul 2, 2016
    SirJoe, IcyBC and something back like this.
  8. something back

something back

something back, Jul 2, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  9. something back

IcyBC

This is a good advice, especially the last paragraph! This is why when a site asked me for my phone number, I always refused! The last thing I want is spam and scam with my phone. I will have to remember using DuckDuckGo!

IcyBC, Jul 10, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  10. something back

SirJoe

It's a must to have at least two separate accounts and the less the information shared the better. Why put yourself in the line of fire if you can avoid it. We don't know what google does with our personal information.

SirJoe, Jul 10, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  11. something back

obliviousme

It never crossed my mind to check my google activity. Thank you for the link, i'm sort of afraid on what i'll find. lol

obliviousme, Jul 11, 2016
  12. something back

fcuco

Wow, this page was insane, I was expecting more of a history of all my searches not everything including the pages I visited and the images I viewed.This really puts thinks into perspective. I think I am going to seriously consider some alternative to Google, this was very scary to look at, I was using duckduckgo already but for some searches I am forced to return to Google once in a while because duckduckgo fails me.

Can you imagine what other companies, for instance Microsoft, have on you? Microsoft having access to your whole operating system! no wonder they give Windows 10 for free now.

fcuco, Jul 13, 2016
  13. something back

Novelangel

I knew that google knew a lot about me, but this is getting ridiculous. Our main computer recently broke down and my husband and I were forced to get a rebuilt one from a nearby store. I no sooner had this problem and my phone was sending me all sorts of ads for computers. It's ridiculous how quickly google had this knowledge, considering that I didn't even have access to Facebook on my phone at that time. (The app was making my phone crazy) So now google is reading our minds, or what? Either that or they knew about the impending breakdown before I did.

Novelangel, Jul 19, 2016
Ask a Question