Sony VAIO: HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Dreux, May 25, 2015.

1. Dreux

Dreux

HI people. I don't know much about computers so I need some help.

My father gave me a very old laptop. Sony VAIO model PCG-6122. He hasn't used this laptop since around 2007. He went to throw it away and I saved. I know the computer is old and obsolete but for some reason I really want it. I know I'm gonna have a lot of problems trying to get it to work but as of right ow I cant do anything because he doesn't have either his username or password written down anywhere.

Even though the laptop is close to being worthless I can still provide proof that I am the owner. My father and I both work for a company called MORE THAN GOURMET located at 929 Home ave. Akron Ohio 44310. This was his work computer. It was given to him back in 2007 when the company upgraded all of the office equipment. My father and my supervisor have agreed to talk to anyone seeking proof.

If anyone can help me reset the password id be extremely grateful. Ill provide whatever information I can. Thank you

Dreux, May 25, 2015
  2. Dreux

Dreux

This was a disappointment

Dreux, May 26, 2015
  3. Dreux

Connie858

There are a few option available to you, but the only sensible one is to rebuild the laptop with Windows XP which I guess is what is on it and what it is licenced for. There should have been CDs/DVDs with the laptop. If you didn't get any then, you could consider rebuilding it with something like Linux Mint on it which should work or Ubuntu is another good option. Rebuilding means deleting everything on the hard drive and reinstalling it from scratch.
    It will be the quickest and easiest way of getting the machine up and running again.

Connie858, May 26, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
Ask a Question