Snow Leopard on Aspire One under Win 7

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Ken Norris, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Ken Norris

Ken Norris

Howdy, new forum user here ....

I have a new Aspire One which came with Winows 7 Starter. I followed the instructions for mounting Snow Leopard here:
    http://basshead.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/snow-leopard-on-acer-aspire-one-aoa150zg5/

Pretty straightforward. Everything went OK until I tried to choose the USB thumb drive on the Aspire to boot from. I simply cannot get a boot screen that shows the device.

I have an internet radio stream which is on 24/7 and want to do remotes (mainly high school sports away games) via my Clearwire USB wifi modem (actually, I just got a new CLearSpot 4G+3G device which combines the wireless modem with a hotspot). The Aspire is the most compact device to use in the field, but under Win 7, the Winamp Shoutcast Tools are partially broken (e.g., it doesn't retain settings), lost the stream several times and crashed during testing.

Therefore, I want to run with Rogue Amoeba's Nicecast, which sets up in a minute and is rock-steady, but runs only on OS X.

Problem as above is I can't get the Aspire to see the USB drive to boot from and move Snow Leopard onto the main drive.

Please help, time is running out before the next game ... and I can't trust Winamp SHOUTcast tools under Win 7 to do the show.

Ken Norris, Sep 14, 2010
  2. Ken Norris

yohko101

if your usb modem isnt supported if you plug it in any mac, it probably won't be be supported in a hackintosh either.

what you can do is google and check if the manufacturer has kext's or drivers or if other users made a 3rd party kext.

yohko101, Sep 28, 2010
Ask a Question