Slow programs

Discussion in 'Windows' started by acheno84, May 22, 2016.

1. acheno84

acheno84

Has anyone else experienced very slow running programs after the initial upgrade to Windows 10? Everything that opened up fast and reliably on me before my upgrade seems to take FOREVER to open. It's a little frustrating to say the least. I have noticed that some programs seemed to run better after I opened and closed them a few times but nobody really has time to go through each program and do that to keep it "awake" you know? Is this something that anyone else has gone through? Do you have any tips for me?

acheno84, May 22, 2016
  2. acheno84

ProNine

Could it be because your computer can not actually handle W10 on it. This was a problem I faced with an older laptop in which I simply resorted to switching the OS back to 7. Another solution could be that you install a fresh copy of W10 onto a new spare drive and load your programs from a seperate drive. Usually when installing W10 while choosing to keep programs, things get messed up in the way. Finally, another solution could be in this video: .

ProNine, May 24, 2016
  3. acheno84

Corzhens

Just a while ago, my goddaughter had posted a problem in upgrading to Windows 10. She said she is like running in circles for the problems keep on coming. And when she would start other programs, it runs very slow as if there is a conflict with the operating system. It's not really clear to me what her problem is but surely it is about Windows 7. Now she is bent on reverting to Windows 7 again.

Corzhens, May 24, 2016
  4. acheno84

Sefie

Yes, there is a big chance your computer can't handle Windows 10, that is why I recommended my fiance not to upgrade to Windows 10, because I knew his PC wouldn't be able to handle that.

Sefie, May 24, 2016
  5. acheno84

obliviousme

I guess it depends on the computer. IN my case, once i upgraded to windows 10, i did not encounter any issues. I believe you can always roll back to previous operating system, but the process might be a bit complex, i probably won't do a major process without the help of a computer professional.

obliviousme, Jul 13, 2016
Ask a Question