Ron's TinyXP v09

Discussion in 'Windows' started by frandu, Feb 12, 2009.

1. frandu

frandu

Good night to everybody.

Does anybody know where I can find the Ron's TinyXP Rev09 to download? The megaupload file is expired and thru torrents I can only find the Rev02.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers

frandu, Feb 12, 2009
  2. frandu

morningching

morningching, Feb 13, 2009
  3. frandu

Branny

4. frandu

SlCKB0Y

SlCKB0Y, Feb 18, 2009
  5. frandu

Branny

That wasn't a 'smart ass search' Sickboy, it was EXACTLY how I found TinyXP 09 to download via torrent which I then installed on my machine. If you click on those links listed first then they take you to the file that the original poster wants, ie TinyXP v09. I burned mine to a disk and then installed via an external DVD drive.

So what's the problem? I'm sure your 'smart ass' answer really added to the thread. Cock.

Cheers
    B

Branny, Feb 19, 2009
  6. frandu

SlCKB0Y

Maybe you don't read so well. They asked for Ron's TinyXP. Not TinyXP. This is a ghost image, which contains all aa1 drivers, some extra software, and is easily installable on a aa1 without the need for an external optical drive. This is very different to what your search provided.

SlCKB0Y, Feb 20, 2009
  7. frandu

Branny

[/quote]Maybe you don't read so well. They asked for Ron's TinyXP. Not TinyXP. This is a ghost image, which contains all aa1 drivers, some extra software, and is easily installable on a aa1 without the need for an external optical drive. This is very different to what your search provided.[/quote]

Now that is a very good point which is well made. Cant really argue with that one. I'll get my coat :oops: :oops: :oops:

Branny, Feb 20, 2009
  8. frandu

SlCKB0Y

Sorry, I wasn't trying to seem rude.

Ron's image is extremely useful, esp if you dont have an external optical drive.

SlCKB0Y, Feb 23, 2009
  9. frandu

ba-b4

Hi this is my first post. I will be getting my Acer very soon and would like to load this lite version of XP on there. Who's Ron? I assume a member on these boards? Can someone get him to re-upload a new link to this latest 09 version?

ba-b4, Feb 23, 2009
  10. frandu

Guest Guest

The noise is because the fan runs faster till it reach its treshold.....without Fancontrol the fan runs al the time but at a slower speed. In the image you should put the treshold temperature higher. Click on the icon in the right down corner to do so.

Guest, Feb 24, 2009
  11. frandu

kenwshmt

Has anyone modified this to run exclusivly from a usb device yet?

I know others with the linux version that I want to get them a working windows, without breaking what they have.

kenwshmt, Feb 26, 2009
  12. frandu

simba

hi guys - iv followed the instructions provided with rons tinyxp but when i boot from usb i get the message - bootmgr is missing.....

any ideas?

simba, Mar 1, 2009
  13. frandu

kenaney

i've found somewhere ron's tinyxp v02 (can't find a direct download link for v09) anyway, what are the big differences in between two?

kenaney, Mar 1, 2009
  14. frandu

simba

anyone know how to install this via usb?

simba, Mar 1, 2009
  15. frandu

kenaney

which version do you have simba? try also multiboot10 or something, that should also work easily.

i have version 02 and it works like it is described

kenaney, Mar 1, 2009
  16. frandu

simba

thanks very much for responding kenaney :D

im trying to install V09.... i was expecting the utility provided would make the drive bootable automatically but obviously it doesnt.

Will try multiboot10. What about making the usb drive bootable using the bootsect.exe command via command prompt as detailed here http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/how_to_install_windows_7_beta_a_usb_key. Thats what i use normally for installing windows 7 and vista.

simba, Mar 2, 2009
  17. frandu

kenaney

well the two ways that i did are the simplest ways to make an usb bootable.

the simplest is i think like ron did describe it here: http://aspireonesoftware.wordpress.com/ ... ons-image/

or otherwise you can do any winxp version bootable via usb using multiboot10.zip, like here it shows

kenaney, Mar 2, 2009
  18. frandu

simba

I think the method im using to make the drive bootable is working fine as I tested the process with the Vista installer i have used and it worked fine. I thought i would try installing XP OEM non nlite'd (as the nlite'd attempt also resulted in the bootmgr is missing issue) however surprisingly this gave the same error - it did work previously however which is now odd that it wont.

I currently have Windows 7 and Windows Vista installed - is there a limitation on having only 2 operating systems - the reason i have these two and wanting to install a 3rd i.e. xp is so that i can compare the 3 in terms of heat and battery.

Also i did notice that in the windows 7 and Vista ( i think) have a bootmgr file in the root of there install disk directories....the xp one doesnt. The xp install did work previously though.....

Any ideas plz?

thanks

simba, Mar 3, 2009
  19. frandu

2manydjs

There is no v02 version of Ron's image: there is currently only one version and that's v09.. Anywhere where it mentions v02 it's a typo and it should be v09.

2manydjs, Mar 3, 2009
  20. frandu

simba

yeh i thought that too, v02 is probably tinyvista - experience?

simba, Mar 3, 2009
Ask a Question