Resolution issue with AO150 (in BIOS + OS)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by daveywave, Nov 16, 2010.

1. daveywave

daveywave

Well I searched and searched and couldn't find anyone else running into this issue. but my AO150 netbook (8.9") is stuck in a weird 800x480 resolution throughout the entire system. No matter the OS (from Windows XP, 7, to Ubuntu 10.10) and persists in the BIOS as well. The screen displays only in the top left 75% of the screen. under the 75% the display doubles. On the right 25% of the screen it is just blank.

I played with drivers initially, but realized it persisted in the entire system i updated to the latest 3.10 bios to no avail. I tried pressing all the function key combinations to no avail. I even plugged in an external monitor to attempt to reset the graphics card to no avail. Any suggestions or solutions?

heres the kicker, this netbook had this problem in the past, and i managed to fix it some how. but it happened over a year ago and I'm very forgetful on what i have done to fix. My only guess is i updated the bios to 3.10 back then from an older revision and it fixed the problem. should or could i revert the bios to an older version? if so can someone please upload or link me a copy to get an older revision as the Acer support site only lists 3.10.

thanks!

daveywave, Nov 16, 2010
  2. daveywave

daveywave

still trying to fix this issue... ugh anybody else experience this problem?

daveywave, Jan 7, 2011
  3. daveywave

Swarvey Moderator

Have you tried disconnecting and reseating the cable from the LCD that connects to the mainboard?

Swarvey, Jan 7, 2011
  4. daveywave

donec

Does it use the whole screen when you hit F2 at start up and go into the bios/cmos settings? If so then it has nothing to do with the software and is probably a flaky graphic chip and disconnecting and reseating the cable from the LCD that connects to the mainboard may help.

donec, Jan 8, 2011
Ask a Question