Problems installing linux4one & kuki linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by sbonney, Jul 25, 2009.

1. sbonney

sbonney

Hi. I am having a problem trying to install linux4one_1.5 on my AAO (512MB 8GB SSD). I have downloaded the iso file and copied it onto a 2GB PNY USB memory stick using Unetbootin-windows-357. When I reboot my AAO (with the USB stick inserted in the AAO) and press F12, it freezes trying to open the Boot Menu. I have the same problem trying to install kuki_3.0_pre-rc1.7. Does anybody have any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks.

sbonney, Jul 25, 2009
  2. sbonney

charlie disco

i had no end of trouble trying to install linux4one. sadly, all their support team tend to suggest on the forum is that either the download is corrupt or to run the fix script.

in the end i tried two different downloads and three separate installations, which finally got the os to load. however, it never really settled down - the wireless wouldn't work, programs disappeared from the menus and the keyboard layout and dictionary kept reverting back to the default (which i assume was italian). searching around it seems i wasn't alone with having difficulties using 1.5.

in the end i gave up and went back to linpus, (with a few homely tweaks), which is sad as l4o looked like it could have been really good.

charlie disco, Jul 28, 2009
  3. sbonney

sbonney

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have managed to install linux4one - it was a problem with my USB stick, although I haven't tried it yet. It keeps asking me for a username & password? What are they? Is there a forum for linux4one? - I can't find one. Thanks again.

sbonney, Jul 28, 2009
Ask a Question