Portable charger for laptop

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Corzhens, May 27, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens

Is there a portable power bank for laptops now? The portable charger for cellphones look good and I wonder how long would it take for the makers to come up with a portable charger for laptops. Maybe it's about time that the battery advances with technology and the main weakness of the laptop is the weak battery especially for old laptops.

Has anyone seen something like what I am imagining?

Corzhens, May 27, 2016
  2. Corzhens

IcyBC

My sister has one of those for her laptop and we were driving to Ohio, 3 hours or more on the road, but she was able to use her portable charger for her laptop, plus her little daughter was charging her iPad at the same time. I was amazed at how long her portable charger lasted.

IcyBC, May 27, 2016
    Brandon Cole likes this.
  3. Corzhens

Brandon Cole

They actually have chargers that can plug up into your car. They are pretty convenient and not that pricey. Thank @IcyBC for the review of portable chargers. My laptop tends to die pretty quick in class and I don't have access to port. New batteries don't really last that long in these models anyway.

Brandon Cole, May 27, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. Corzhens

IcyBC

I have a couple of those portable chargers that plug into the car! This is one of the things that I must have while driving my son to his soccer games as when I turned on the GPS to find location, the battery went down very fast. Without this charger, I can't find my way home, LOL..

IcyBC, May 30, 2016
  5. Corzhens

Vash

I have portable battery pack to charge my mobile devices such as phone and tablet. It is already heavy compare to the weight of the mobile phone. While I haven't used any portable battery charger for a laptop, I can imagine how big and heavy it must be...

Oh wait, why not just get an extra laptop battery? Isn't it the same thing and more efficient? Charging back and forth will lose a lot of energy in process. Just get a second battery pack for your laptop if you want extra power, but I have to tell you it is going to be heavy. As the matter of fact, when I bought my first laptop, a Dell Vostro 1500, I ordered two 9-cell batteries. Each of them is like 2 pounds. So I actually never carried both batteries with me. The reason I bought two of them was for in the long run. I knew back then the battery will lose its effectiveness over time, and it will eventually die. I was right. One of the battery completely died within 2~3 years of heavy use. The other one lasted me until the laptop died, but its capacity was getting very low.

Anyway, you can buy extra battery for your laptop as long as you can detach the laptop's battery. It is just like a mobile phone. My old Samsung Galaxy S5 had a removable battery. So carry a second battery would be more effective than carrying a battery charger.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Vash, Jun 7, 2016
  6. Corzhens

artyarson

I have one. It's very useful. Even though I can go to the mall and find a socket there I'm not able to do that all the time as I'm a pretty busy person.

artyarson, Jul 7, 2016
Ask a Question