Perfect Laptop for College & Gaming [HELP lol]

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by TalDesh, Jun 24, 2015.

1. TalDesh

TalDesh

So I’m starting my 2nd year in college and I’m having trouble choosing a new laptop. I found a few questions online to make this process easier but theres nothing like live help lol.

1) What will I do with my laptop?

Well like I said my laptop will mainly be for school but I also like playing games so I need a laptop that can handle school and has gaming capability. Some of the games I play:

Skyrim
    Rift
    Sims 3 & 4
    Runescape
    Minecraft
    Star Wars Old Republic
    WoW
    Diablo
    COD
    Fallout New Vegas
    Fallout 3
    Dragon Age
    All three Mass Effects
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Witcher 2
    Titanfall
    Dragon Age: Inquisition

That’s all the games I can think of off the top of my head but I know I have tons more on my Steam and Origins accounts. Yea I have a crap ton of games which is why I will need lots of memory, an excellent graphics card, and a fast processor.

I am a Pre-Med Major currently finishing my Pre-Requisites.

I like to run language learning software such as Rosetta Stone and Living Language.

I love Windows but am not against Mac OS. Though I hear that the OS system sucks for gaming. Sorry I'm not a hardcore gamer type that knows all the details of computers lol

I Love music and currently have 5,637 songs in my iTunes.

I have Adobe Photoshop on my current laptop. I LOVE Microsoft Office 2013.

I like to write but I realize that I may need to buy an external drive to hold absolutely everything like documents, some music and movies, etc. so any recommendations on portable hard drives would be awesome too!

I use Netflix and Hulu often so a 15.6”-17” laptop is preferable. Weight and portability doesn’t really matter to me since I will probably be lugging my iPad to class anyway. I can’t get a desktop because I will be moving abroad for sophomore year but I’ll explain that in question 2.

I have a few minor applications on my laptop such as Book Collectorz, Spotify, Kindle, skype, zygote body, Audio Notetaker, etc.

Google Chrome is my best friend lol

And I think that’s it. You’re all probably wondering “how is this women running her laptop with all that crap on it?” Well I’m not. My laptop is currently facing death and will be gone very soon. It takes like 30 min just to open chrome now and majority of the time it crashes. Completely my fault I know.

2) Will I be traveling or homebound?

Since I am still in the process of taking my pre-req classes I signed up for a semester abroad and will be doing that next semester.

3) What’s my budget?

I currently don’t have a budget since it will be a gift from my grandparents but please no ridiculously priced laptops like over 5 grand. I have close to 2500 saved up in case I I have to pitch in since I do know that this will be a somewhat expensive purchase but I plan on keeping it until it dies out on me so it's worth it! I definitely need to get it before the end of July since I will be leaving mid-August.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    TalDesh, Jun 24, 2015
Ask a Question