Options for saving movies to hard drive legally?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Scot Miller, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Scot Miller

Scot Miller

I have an Asus U30JC-B1 as well as a T200TA on order to arrive next week. I want to know how I would go about loading movies onto my hard drive legally. I have a lot of movies on their original disc, have purchased several that have been downloaded from Google Play, iTunes, etc. What are my options to get these on my HDD or SSD? I tried a search which didn't work out too well. Thanks for your help.

Scot Miller, Oct 8, 2014
  2. Scot Miller

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Well you do have a DVD/CD Drive, so 'Ripping' the Files directly to your Hard Drive would appear to be the obvious solution...

There is a program, called DVD Video soft (for free) available thru' the link below...
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/dvdvideosoft_free_studio.html

With that program, you should be able to get the Film onto your computer, then 'mess' around with it - to shrink it or repackage it for different formats... take up LESS space, for instance or make it suitable for streaming to your TV... with all those add-on's it is up to you...

PLEASE read the comments about watching CAREFULLY as you install the program,do not 'yes, yes, yes'.. at each screen - try for a Custom install and UN-TICK all the associated crap-ware... (i.e. do NOT let it get installed!).

I am NOT associated with Majorgeeks, it is just that they do virus checks of stuff and also warn people about associated crap-ware etc.,

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Oct 28, 2014
Ask a Question