Online password locker LastPass hacked

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Sefie, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Sefie, Jun 16, 2015
  2. Sefie

Connie858

The article only indicated that the company detected a breach and are thus warning customers to change their password. They are actually stating that

And that

So someone has to sit and look at thousands and thousands of lines of code and they just might be able to figure out any weak password.

For what it is worth, I still recommend to all of my users that they maintain a password book. I even provide them with such a book when I first 'encounter' them which is usually when their PC is a mess/dead and I am expected to perform miracles. Few if any have ever had a satisfactory method for recording their passwords, so once their computer/tablet/smartphone/mac/ipad... is back up and running I start to book off for them with the passwords I have worked out/reset. It is a very small book and it is literally 1 page per company... and each page is perforated down the spine for easy removal once the password is changed.

I operate the same system myself. The book is kept in my safe. It also means that if my husband or I die, the other one does not a court order to be able to close down or get into my emails/online accounts.

Connie858, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

I keep a book with my passwords as well, but I don't keep it in a safe. Because so far I have been living on my own, but soon that will change and a lot people will have access to my house (nose mother, sister and borther in law). So a safe sounds like a great idea, still safer that depending on a software like this one. This article goes to show they can be hacked, almost anything can be hacked into now and I find that so scary.

Sefie, Jun 19, 2015
  4. Sefie

j1ckh441

You see this, but then I stopped using it after it has been hacked. After I heard that, I logged into them, got all my passwords, and then deleted my account. I'm just gonna go on using things like 1Password which don't actually store all of your data online, even though it's encrypted, but rather on the devices that you use. I think that that is the safest thing that anyone can do.

j1ckh441, Jun 21, 2015
  5. Sefie

LGNPanda

I actually use to use them, but then I decided to stop using them after my subscription expired and after I found out the hackers could of potentially accessed my password. I decided to delete my account. I'm currently using Dashlane as my password manager. Sometimes it's annoying when it has a popup asking if you want to save the password.

LGNPanda, Jul 7, 2015
  6. Sefie

Sefie

Good to hear you did something about that guys. Honestly if it was me I'd have done the same, because you just never know! Those people always find a way around and it's safe t assume they are up to no good at all.

Sefie, Jul 12, 2015
  7. Sefie

jamesbonner

I don't really trust those websites/softwares, what guarantee that they won't leak your passwords and spread it all over the internet ? as you see it got hacked so all user's passwords are in danger ! it's better to protect your self by your self ....

jamesbonner, Jul 31, 2015
Ask a Question